Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penneys make up & beauty products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Yep, it's really good. Reminds me of a lancome bronzer I had years ago

I've just started using that and I don't know what to make if it. I find I really need to dig a brush in to get any color

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I've just started using that and I don't know what to make if it. I find I really need to dig a brush in to get any color

I'm finding opposite! I have very light skin and using a penneys makeup brush, nearly too much color for me! But I love the shades it brings out

I'm finding opposite! I have very light skin and using a penneys makeup brush, nearly too much color for me! But I love the shades it brings out

I bought it because it didn't look too dark (Im super pale too). I might get one of the penneys brushes to use it with and see if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

The 1.50 red lipliner is probably one of best lip products I have ever used.

ameliams wrote:
    The 1.50 red lipliner is probably one of best lip products I have ever used.

Bought one too, and I agree entirely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I've gotten a few make up bits from Penneys but they have been fairly hit or miss. Really didn't like the liquid lipsticks, but the lipliners are great. My local Penneys is poorly stocked for amkeup so I haven't tried a few things that I would like to.

However I recently got two matt lipsticks.
    First was Fondant Fancy - no no no! It was a lot paler than the bullet, looked and felt like I have put concealer over my lips! Awful

But... I got another one called Mardi Gras which is a fuchsia colour and paired with the similar pink colour in the lipliner - well it has just blown me away! Seriously!! The longevity is really really good. There is a little bit of transfer or wear when you eat or drink but the colour still leaves a good stain on the lips. The formula feels quite creamy on the lips and remains so. It doesn't feel at all drying, hard or matt on the lips. The colour looks really nice aswell, maybe not for office wear but I have worn it a few times outside of work. Big thumbs up here!
    http://www.primark.com/en-ie/product/matte-lipstick,D1724215120150104

Has anyone spied the "pro" range yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

According to this Daily Edge article yesterday, they're only available in 4 stores at the moment.

http://dailyedge.ie/2802190

I picked up the foundation, last bottle in dundrum last Friday. Wanted to try the primer but the stall was empty! I like the foundation, covers well and good tone match. Haven't had it on all day yet so can't speak to its durability, but so far so good

Edit: also picked up the finishing powder in the pro range, haven't used. Picked up their 2 in 1 foundation and concealer, using it as concealer and like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

I picked up the primer, finishing powder, nude lipstick and mascara from the pro range.

Primer is great, I tend to get shiny as the day goes and it provides a good base. Sinks in quickly. Finishing powder is nice but can be messy. Lipstick is really lovely, moisturising and nice colour. The mascara is not worth picking up at all, the brush is very thin and has really short spikes that get clumped in the mascara easy. And it goes on in clumps no matter how careful you are with application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I heard Holly from SpaceNK on snapchat say their Baked Bronze powder bronzer was a great dupe for the Hourglass bronzer that people spend crazy money on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What's with the becca palette being recalled

Anyone used the Pennys PS face mask, moisturiser or serum which there wa a fuss about when it was launched initially?
    My local Penneys isn't always the best stocked but I seen them on the shelves recently and picked up the serum and the mask.
    I'm nearly finished using my own serum (No7) and was thinking of opening the Penneys one next. Just wondering if anyone had tried them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

My mam loves their argan oil face wipes, says they are as good as Nivea but cheaper.

Never used them myself as I don't use face wipes (bar water wipes the very rare time) so can't say what they're like myself.

I love their cotton wool pads though and only ever use those, wouldn't be bothered with more expensive ones now. Think there is 200 pads for €2 or something and they work great for me personally.

I've also noticed the acrylic/plastic storage is back in stock, doesn't seem great quality to be honest and I have seen similar in Dealz for €1.50 a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

My mam loves their argan oil face wipes, says they are as good as Nivea but cheaper.

Never used them myself as I don't use face wipes (bar water wipes the very rare time) so can't say what they're like myself.

I love their cotton wool pads though and only ever use those, wouldn't be bothered with more expensive ones now. Think there is 200 pads for €2 or something and they work great for me personally.

I've also noticed the acrylic/plastic storage is back in stock, doesn't seem great quality to be honest and I have seen similar in Dealz for €1.50 a pop.

Do they have those storage drawers in Dealz? I'll have to pop in and see them. We're they in sale in there recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

A few people here have mentioned the €1.50 lip-liners. Have to agree. They're absolutely brilliant. Definitely worth buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

ratmouse wrote: »
    Do they have those storage drawers in Dealz? I'll have to pop in and see them. We're they in sale in there recently?
    Yup, in my local Dealz anyway and I know others who've seen them in other Dealz too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Tried their brush today and their pro porcelain foundation. Brush was ok for price. Hated the foundation

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭finooola

I bought some eyeshadow in there recently as a cheap test to see if I would like to break out of my usual brown. It was complete and utter rubbish with no pigmentation. You could barely see it on and it was a waste of the tiny bit of money I spent on it. I'm afraid I can't remember what brand it was but it may have been called Catrice. Don't bother.

I've also recently got some of the PS mineral foundation. It's not as good as my usual Bare Minerals, but given the price differential between the two (the Penneys stuff was €2.50) it's not as bad as you might think. It will do as back up/spare powder.

I've taken to wearing their makeup most days. I use the primer, pro foundation, ps concealer and ps contouring kit. I find they wear well throughout the day.

I have some of their highlighters and bronzer which I like too. Not a fan of their mascara, but have only tried one type so will try more. Overall for the price, I'm really happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Trying the Pro foundation at the moment, so far I like it but not sure about staying power yet, need to use it a few more times.

I picked up one of their new brushes too, the one shaped like the Flawless brush (the toothbrush kind of looking one). Didn't like it for putting on foundation, but found it brilliant for under eye concealer, and I don't use cream contour but I reckon it'd be great for that. Might pick up some cheap cream contour and try it out!

Hate the eye shadows, crazy fallout and they're so shimmery. I'd only give them another go if they brought out a matte palette.

Bought the argan oil wipes just to have in the car for my hands (would only use on face as an emergency) and they smell AMAZING, love them.

Still a huge fan of the individual lashes and stick on nails- besides the lip liners, they're the best bargain buy in Penneys IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thekatydays

Actually love the beauty blenders, and for 1.50 its a steal. Always pick them up when i'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Actually love the beauty blenders, and for 1.50 its a steal. Always pick them up when i'm in.
    I love them as well... I had the original beauty blender and while it is slightly better quality I don't find the final result worth the extra 20 quid so I'm sticking with Penney's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I picked up one of the Pennys sponge blenders and can't find it anywhere. I'm a disaster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭k_smash

I must say I have the concealer brush/pen and I find it brilliant and it's actually pale enough for me! I have the foundation brush with the beauty blender on one end.. really good and cleans v. easily. Agreed with RhubarbCrumble on the lip liners.. haven't bought any other one since getting them and so cheap too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Bought the beauty blender yesterday - I'm a complete noob on benders but I'm determined to give it a go... without spending a fortune on a piece of sponge...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 michelleryan86

The PS makeup brushes are pretty good and they have new ones coming out that look interesting. I also think the PS lip pencils are great and the brow palette is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 michelleryan86

Gal44 wrote: »
    Whats their make up brushes like?

Their brushes are good, soft and for the money they are actually good quality. The new toothbrush style ones look good too!

A little bump for this thread.
    I bought the foundation brush the oval shaped one a while back. I didn't think it would be much good as it the hairs don't seem to be as thick as the more expensive version, nor is the brush arm and head as stiff. But I tried it out this morning cos my usual foundation brushes were still damp from being washed last night and I have to say it was quite good.

https://www.primark.com/en-ie/product/ps-flawless-finish-foundation-brush,D35397119180644

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I got the Glow mud mask recently and it left my skin feeling really clean and it wasn't very drying like a lot of exfoliation masks can be!

I LOVE their thicker lip pencils, I'm a red lip girl and the colour is fab and staying power is brilliant aswell and best part is the price of them! (2.50)

I have a Kabuki brush is it called? short stumpy one for powders? Its brilliant, doesn't fall apart like some other brushes I've used before and is really soft!

I also love the beauty blenders! Not that I've tried the expensive one so can't compare but I think its top job!

Sunflower under eye patches for dark circles are lovely and refreshing! As a poster said previously no good at getting rid of dark circles but for 1.50 they are lovely for tired eyes!

Can't think of anything else right now! but I've seen a Tara O'Farrell review of some PS Pro stuff that is coming out and I only hope they come to my Penneys!! :D

Advertisement