Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penneys make up & beauty products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Sali Hughes in the Telegraph recommended the Pro Longwear Mineralized Foundation in her column last week - I'm tempted to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Is the Pro range available in any stores outside Dublin yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Is the Pro range available in any stores outside Dublin yet?
    It's in the main Galway store in the Eyre Square Centre

pemtca wrote: »

Oh good, maybe in Limerick so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

pemtca wrote: »

Sligo hasn't got it yet, but we're further down the totem pole than Galway haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Limerick, O' Connell St have it for a while now, but the stand is always pretty empty.

Rhubarbcrumble was right about the stand being fairly empty but I managed to get PS PRO foundation, miracle primer, graphic liquid eye liner and lip gloss.

There was very limited colours in the foundation, no warm beige left, so I got porcelain and rich beige and have to blend them to match my skin.

Very impressed with the foundation. Good coverage and absolutely no irritation.
    Primer, not blown away, its ok....I've heard better things about the illuminating primer so might get that.
    Lip gloss is lovely and I love the liner, it's a fairly think pen so requires a delicate touch till you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Anyone else find that the liner lasts too well? Picked up their pro concealer set recently, love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Got the PS Pro foundation in porcelain. Only wore it 3 times but liking it so far.

Anyone else find that the liner lasts too well? Picked up their pro concealer set recently, love it!

I love the liner, it does last well! Don't know if you've tried the catrice concealer.....its brilliant.

Anyone able to recommend decent eyeshadows out of the ranges Penneys carries?
    I've got everything else covered!

• Advertisement

PS PRO CAME INTO SLIGO TODAY!!! WOOHOO!!!
    Now to finish work and spend my hard earned money on it :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

The PS Pro range just landed in my local Penneys. What are the must haves?

I didn't end up getting much at all.. I got the universal lip liner - which is just like a skinny lip primer. Got another liner which is a gorgeous colour but its a marker, like a pen eyeliner almost.. haven't tried it yet, I think it would bleed! which is against the whole purpose of a liner! There was a few lippies, foundation, primers etc - didn't get them, have bought a few different foundations lately so want to use them first. How are people finding the range?

Anyone able to recommend decent eyeshadows out of the ranges Penneys carries?
    I've got everything else covered!
    I got a small eyeshadow palette in there the last day, its the one with the 9 colours, my friend bought a MAC one the other day and I swear its the exact same palette packaging wise.. the colours I got have the reddish colour in it and have only used a few shades yet but I really like them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Got another liner which is a gorgeous colour but its a marker, like a pen eyeliner almost.. haven't tried it yet, I think it would bleed! which is against the whole purpose of a liner!?

These are more of a stain! I have two one insaw Tara makeup with kind of a nude and it's really nice: the other is a dark colour and isn't great, very patchy! But they defo won't bleed! Last ages but depending on what colour could be drying!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Shinbin223

I recently purchased the P.S Pro foundation. The coverage is lovely and dewy but after a few hours my face is an oily mess and its normally not oily at all. Pity because I love the finish.

Also love the lipstick/lip pencils -the lipstick ones that look like a pencil if that makes sense. The red one is amazing and the shade of red is fabulous.
    Tried an eyeshadow palette similar to on of the mac ones and the pigment was quite poor but would do for a day time natural look.For €4 or €5 how bad though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Did anyone watch Goss Make Up Artists latest video where he gushes over the PS Pro products - I just couldn't buy it as genuine!

Esp him saying he was putting the felt tip lip liners and powder in his pro kit!

I bought the foundation but not sure how I feel about it - i have oily skin so its hard to find one that lasts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aacaldwell

Has anyone seen the setting spray in stores recently? I just ran out of mine & I went into two different Penneys and I couldn't see them anywhere, only the makeup brush cleaner. I don't want to buy a dearer one when I get it in Penneys for only 2.50!

Aacaldwell wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the setting spray in stores recently? I just ran out of mine & I went into two different Penneys and I couldn't see them anywhere, only the makeup brush cleaner. I don't want to buy a dearer one when I get it in Penneys for only 2.50!
    Not exactly answering your query but MakeUp Revolution do a setting spray - not sure of the price, it would be dearer than the Penneys one but cheaper than the NYX one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sarahfinn

Aacaldwell wrote: »

I haven't seen it but I bought a revolution one the other day and it was only around €4. It's good too, I'm happy with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 makeuplover

been watching a few irish youtubers review penneys products and some of the lipsticks are worth buying in my opinion foundations are quite good also!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,251 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone try the banana setting powder yet? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone try the banana setting powder yet? Thoughts?

I really like it. Gave a lovely finish to my make up. Sad I only bought one. All gone in Galway when I was back in

I meant to come on here a few times actually, I got the cotton pads in penneys for taking off my makeup (75cents!) and they are SO much softer than the last ones I had (I think I had Lidl or Aldi ones), they are lovely to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Is the banana powder in the Mary street one does anyone know? They also don't seem to have the new catrice highlighting pebbles :(

Also I asked about the setting spray and it's not coming back! Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 86,251 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The have new skin care range now, serum at 7 euros is quite pricey though for Penneys

Penneys released lip-kits last week, €4 for a set with a liner and a matte liquid lipstick. In 2 shades: a dark brown one and a lighter nude one. I picked up the lighter nude one the shade is Cookie Dough. I wasn't sure if the colour would suit me, I'm not a huge fan of nude lipsticks, they tend to look like concealer on me as I have fairly pigmented lips. But the colour is actually quite nice on. It does dry matte but doesn't go rock hard and uncomfortable. The only think with it is that it's not really long lasting. I applied it this morning just before 9 and it was quite powdery looking on the lips by 12 (after 2 cups of tea) and was more or less gone by 1. Reapplied just before 2 and just checked now 2 hours later and top lip is almost bare.

Lovely colour and texture, just not long lasting. Grand for €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

i got the dark brown lip kit today its gorgeous on but it has no lasting power, its very dark on but I think it looks good

I got the conditioning clay mask from Penneys at the weekend and OMG my skin feels soft as butter after it! and only used half the pack so will get 2 goes out of it for 1euro :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Has anyone seen the beauty sponge cleaners? I saw Chloe Boucher talking about them in a video not long ago and I've been looking for them since but my local Penneys doesn't have them in :(

Advertisement