Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retail Arbitrage / Importing Stuff from China to resell

Options
  • 15-08-2015 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I know the easiest time of On Line selling it is in more the in past, than in the future, anyway I still believe there are some opportunities.

I am quite satisfied with a few months working on a small scale, and now I would like to replicate and escalate

I am considering importing some stuff from China, but the steps, are not clear for me as I have no experience with it.
    Initially I want to operate as a Private Seller, and at a second stage in a more structured form (sole trader)
    I contacted some suppliers of Corrugated Cardboard Toys that I want to distribute in the Republic.

Currently I am investigating the 'FreightForwarding' options, but it seems to me difficult to handle this part.

Basically the Supplier made a Quotation for 500 U$D for the first Order, Shipping excluded
    Then he offered me the option of Air Express Shipping for $740.0 or the ocean shipping cost for $260.0 (destination is Dublin port)

Could anyone advise me about the Local Extra charges I need to take into consideration before making any business plan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rudolf289 is the resident expert when it comes to shipping especially from China. On landing here you will owe duty and VAT so you'll need to factor that in VAT you can obviously claim but you do need to consider it for cashflow purposes.

Advertisement