Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Levy is at fault what ever way you look at it

Options
  • 15-08-2015 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

either because he's employed another manager that isn't up to it or because he's again failed to deliver the players at the to give the manager a fair chance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

What a breath of fresh air to see a thread like this pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

sorry, but you are so deluded pal

I wish I could be as positive as you but the facts point to a very different conclusion

our club is going nowhere - we're on a recurring upper mid-table revenue maximizing journey for evermore with ENIC - if you can't see this by now you're beyond help,

This not the club I bought into

each to their own of course, and I genuinely hope you enjoy this season

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

This not the club I bought into

Not a spurs fan, but what kind of club did you buy into then? They are consistently in the top 6 for the last 8 years, which is better than they were the previous 20..

Levy is a clown though I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

sorry, but you are so deluded pal

Same reason I put you on ignore 2 years ago. I guess once an ass always an ass. Back to ignore you go.

Careful, sooner or later a blood vessel will pop.

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Not a spurs fan, but what kind of club did you buy into then? They are consistently in the top 6 for the last 8 years, which is better than they were the previous 20..

Levy is a clown though I agree.

I became a supporter in the 80's - we weren't great back then but at lest we tried - we don't even try now.

Back then we had ossie, Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza & Lineker etc..
    We were an exciting glamorous football club with a great tradition.
    We had ambition, we used to challenge for the signatures of the best players, we used to win trophies and when we didn't win trophies we at the very least play good slick attacking football - our supporters demanded it

the current version of our great club is a sad revenue obsessed pathetic excuse of a football club that pisses our our glorious traditions

we sleepwalk through every season now into 5th or 6th
    we are a shadow of what we used to be

basically, it's disgusting

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    Same reason I put you on ignore 2 years ago. I guess once an ass always an ass. Back to ignore you go.

Careful, sooner or later a blood vessel will pop.

when you don't have a rational point to make you attack the poster as a last resort

sad reflection on you Irishmover

come back to me when you are ready to discuss the subject properly

I became a supporter in the 80's - we weren't great back then but at lest we tried - we don't even try now.

Back then we had ossie, Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza & Lineker etc.. We were an exciting glamorous football club with a great tradition. We had ambition, we used to challenge for the signatures of the best players, we used to win trophies and when we didn't win trophies we at the very least play good slick attacking football - our supporters demanded it

the current version of our great club is a sad revenue obsessed pathetic excuse of a football club that pisses our our glorious traditions

we sleepwalk through every season now into 5th or 6th we are a shadow of what we used to be

I wasn't around in the 80s so I wouldn't know, but Spurs under Redknap played some brilliant, slick attacking football. You mention those players of the 80s but ye had some great players recently too, Berbatov, Bale, Keane, Modric.

Ye got top 4 twice which is an unbelievable achievement without having billions to spend. I don't think ye can get any higher without literally spending billions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I remember the spurs team in the mid ninties of Klinsman Anderton Barmby and Sheringham. I thought what an exciting team they were. But then they were nowhere near as consistent as we have been the last 6 seasons. As in finishing in the top 5. But that is our level now unless we get another major cash injection. Bring back harry i say.

I wasn't around in the 80s so I wouldn't know, but Spurs under Redknap played some brilliant, slick attacking football. You mention those players of the 80s but ye had some great players recently too, Berbatov, Bale, Keane, Modric.

Ye got top 4 twice which is an unbelievable achievement without having billions to spend. I don't think ye can get any higher without literally spending billions.

the redknapp team was great, unfortunately that team was the exception in the ENIC era and it didn't last long enough

when we finally qualified for the champions league in 2010, and we were finally in a position to attract the best players in the world to our club, but the owners did not invest in the squad to try an cement out place in the top 4. This was a horrific decision and told everyone all they needed to know about ENIC

Instead our squad was expected to play in the CL and also retain its top 4 position whilst all of our top 4 competitors invested heavily in their squads.
    ENIC reaped the CL revenue and the team ultimately failed to retain it CL status.

ENIC are there to maximize revenue - any footballing success is a fluke
    Their actions in 2010/11 proved this beyond any doubt
    I was on board with them until this

mg1982 wrote: »
    I remember the spurs team in the mid ninties of Klinsman Anderton Barmby and Sheringham. I thought what an exciting team they were. But then they were nowhere near as consistent as we have been the last 6 seasons. As in finishing in the top 5. But that is our level now unless we get another major cash injection. Bring back harry i say.

yeah it was a half good team

we had about 5 great players and 6 muppets
    Jurgen, Teddy, Barmby, Campbell (judas cnut), Anderton and Popescu were class. Unfortunatley they has to play with the likes of Dean Austin, Colin Calderwood and Justin Edinburgh

Oh what could have been.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

While i wouldn't be overwhelmingly happy with us starting the season with a depleted midfield and forward line,in terms of quality(numbers also with the latter), and the fact that we have already dropped achievable points in the first two games, i think we should wait until the end of the transfer window to judge Levy and co. If there is not an significant upgrade in talent in the midfield 5 and another option added up front by then , questions will have to asked.

No back up for Kane. I assume soldado has been sold at least i hope i has. So we need a striker.

mg1982 wrote:
    No back up for Kane. I assume soldado has been sold at least i hope i has. So we need a striker.

I believe ye are in the process of signing Berahino?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

DublinSpur, I'm not ur biggest fan. I think people are pisd of cos you continually beat that same drum. On this occasion I agree with you. Why leave it so late to bring in the players we need? There are plenty excuses for this but mostly BS. We are throwing away points early in season that we could regret next May.

Levy could redeem the situation and that would make us all happy but it still won't excuse this unprofessional approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

The failure to re invest in that 2010 team is the one that really sticks in the throat, that was some team and a few quality additions could have set us up for years to come. I try not to think about it too much as it would depress you. The style of play we have had to endure since Harry left would bore the socks off ya.

As a non spurs fan, I actually misd the Redknap team. They were probably playing the best football in the league for 2 or 3 years. Some great Euro games against Young boys and both milans aswell.

Would ye take Harry back? Would Levy?

As a non spurs fan, I actually misd the Redknap team. They were probably playing the best football in the league for 2 or 3 years. Some great Euro games against Young boys and both milans aswell.

Would ye take Harry back? Would Levy?

I would take harry back in a heartbeat. Would levy not so sure. It was one of the worst mistakes the club made and could never understand why they got rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

mg1982 wrote:
    I would take harry back in a heartbeat. Would levy not so sure. It was one of the worst mistakes the club made and could never understand why they got rid of him.

He was gotten rid of because we were 3rd in the league, 10 points ahead of arsenal and 'arry was whoring himself out in the press for the England job.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He was gotten rid of because we were 3rd in the league, 10 points ahead of arsenal and 'arry was whoring himself out in the press for the England job.

....while Spurs backed him and covered him in his tax evasion case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

There's the issue of Levy and then there's also the issue of Joe Lewis. The club is purely run as a business, and Spurs is just another investment vehicle for Joe Lewis. Levy's job is to keep the cash flow moving and he has done a good job of doing this in recent times especially with the amazing training ground we have as well as a promising youth academy, but when it comes to getting the job done in the short term, Levy falls short.

Levy is known as a shrewd operator than can pull off a bargain, but lets be honest here, the last bargain he pulled off was VdV and how long ago was that? We were completely ill prepared for the start of this season and due to Levy's stubbornness, we've ended up piling pressure on ourselves due to lack of investment. Levy's philosophy has always been too slow, and this year has proven that. The sale of players must be made before the signing of players, and this has cost us in the long run. Levy has no appetite for on field success, instead, he has more interest in his own job security as well as leveling out the books.

We are weak because are Chairman is weak, and this will go on and on until Joe and Levy finally step down. We need more ambition!

• Advertisement

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    There's the issue of Levy and then there's also the issue of Joe Lewis. The club is purely run as a business, and Spurs is just another investment vehicle for Joe Lewis. Levy's job is to keep the cash flow moving and he has done a good job of doing this in recent times especially with the amazing training ground we have as well as a promising youth academy, but when it comes to getting the job done in the short term, Levy falls short.

Levy is known as a shrewd operator than can pull off a bargain, but lets be honest here, the last bargain he pulled off was VdV and how long ago was that? We were completely ill prepared for the start of this season and due to Levy's stubbornness, we've ended up piling pressure on ourselves due to lack of investment. Levy's philosophy has always been too slow, and this year has proven that. The sale of players must be made before the signing of players, and this has cost us in the long run. Levy has no appetite for on field success, instead, he has more interest in his own job security as well as leveling out the books.

We are weak because are Chairman is weak, and this will go on and on until Joe and Levy finally step down. We need more ambition!

Well said

Advertisement