Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student own enquiry

Options
  • 16-08-2015 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Having recently failed a year of college, I'm looking at repeating the year. In order to do so I would have to pay the student contribution fee of 3000 euro, along with the full course fee of 1069 euro.

Taking out a loan is my only option as understandably my parents will not fund another year due to failure of exams. 

I do not have a job currently but I am searching for one (part time would be be my only option due to studies). I would have a guarantor for said loan if approved. What would be my chances of having a loan approved for the purpose of paying for a failed year? Can repayments be arranged for after the completion of the course, or must they be paid in regular instalments?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

dandc357 wrote: »
    Having recently failed a year of college, I'm looking at repeating the year. In order to do so I would have to pay the student contribution fee of 3000 euro, along with the full course fee of 1069 euro.

Taking out a loan is my only option as understandably my parents will not fund another year due to failure of exams. 

I do not have a job currently but I am searching for one (part time would be be my only option due to studies). I would have a guarantor for said loan if approved. What would be my chances of having a loan approved for the purpose of paying for a failed year? Can repayments be arranged for after the completion of the course, or must they be paid in regular instalments?

Thank you in advance.
    Hi dancdc357,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

To discuss your options in relation to applying for a Student Loan you will need to speak with an advisor in your branch. You can book an appointment here.

Alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818365365 & a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks again,

Tara C

Advertisement