Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting to price

Options
  • 16-08-2015 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Building is starting on our new house in mid Sept and I'd like to start to price for things now. Am I allowed to ask what people paid for things so I know if I'm getting value for money? Obviously, each house is different but I don't feel confident as I've never built a house before. Would appreciate knowing where people went for prices if that's allowed on the forum? It will be a 2000sq ft 4 bed traditional farmhouse style house.

1. Windows: Aluclad with 3 patio type doors, front and back doors.
    2. Staircase: half landing. Oak treads, painted risers. Painted spindles and oak posts and handrail. Cheaper to go to a joiner or a window type company?
    3. Bathroom ware
    4. Stoves
    5. Tiling and wooden floor

I'd appreciate any guidance of how to go about getting prices. I think I'd walk into a showroom with "Mug Me, I haven't a clue" written all over my face.

Advertisement