Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight/Sunday parking

Options
  • 16-08-2015 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'll be spending a Saturday night in your lovely city in October. I'm looking at booking a room in The Imperial on South Mall.

I'm trying to find out about on street parking regulations in the area. I've googled and run a search here but couldn't find anything specific.

What time does pay parking finish and is pay parking in force in the area on Sundays?

Would I be better off spending the extra for an overnight car park?

And any opinions on the hotel would also be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

As far as I know pay parking ends at 6.30pm Saturday evening and does not apply again until 8.30am Monday morning. You shouldn't have too many issues getting on-street parking around the South Mall/quays area.

If you would prefer the security of a car park you could try this one:
    https://www.q-park.ie/parking-with-q-park/our-parking-facilities/parkingid/1536
    It's just around the corner from your hotel, open 24/7 and €12 for 24 hours parking if you park on the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Pay parking applies from 8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Saturday. Free on street parking outside those hours including all day Sunday and Bank Holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Thanks, to be honest parking on street doesn't bother me and I'd rather not have to pay for parking if I don't have to.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Afaik the imperial provide parking in the multi storey on union quay.

Advertisement