Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with axa

• 16-08-2015 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Last year my rear window in my car shattered in the cold weather. Freak accident. I rang Axa and they said theyd replace the window and it doesnt effect my no claims. In fact they lady told me that i can get 2 window replacements in a calender year and it wont effect my no claims. My insurance is up in 2 weeks and low and behold my paperwork came and i have 0 years of claims free driving. Can anyone advise on what to do. It cost 222€, I would have paid that rather then ruining my record had Ive been told

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you spoken to Axa first to ask why? That would be my first step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

It states on the AXA website that replacing your windscreen does not affect your no claims bonus (will attach a screenshot) so I'd imagine they just made a mistake with your paperwork. Ring them up and talk to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Im after been on honeymoon for past 2 weeks, only home yesterday. I emailed them last night. Just preparing myself for the inevitable really

cheers, Ive just taken that now so ill ring them tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

You're not having much luck lately, the photos and now this! I'd say that's a mistake by axa, I'd be giving them a call in the morning. Alternatively if they do stick to their guns you could repay the €200 odd to reinstate your ncb, then open a case with the ombudsman.

• Advertisement

tell me about it, bad things happen in threes so im refusing to leave the house today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

you have 0 years claims free , as you had a claim, regardless of whether or not it will affect your bonus,

The important part of your NCB is the "Point on scale" it represents , if you have a full NCB this should read stage 5 ,

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AlexisM

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    My insurance is up in 2 weeks and low and behold my paperwork came and i have 0 years of claims free driving.
    Did your premium include a no claims discount or have you lost your no claims discount? If you've lost it, then they would appear to be in the wrong. If you still have your discount, what is your issue?

You did claim last year so you do indeed have 0 years claims free. The fact that the claim didn't affect your no claims bonus doesn't mean it's not a claim.

If you're worried about how this looks moving to another company, they will be familiar with the issue and you shouldn't be penalised.

Advertisement