Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Delivery Pizza in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-08-2015 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Who do you think delivers the best pizza in Dublin?

I think the standard of pizza (delivered) in Dublin is atrocious.

The chains stores are just dreadful, the independent Italian places are usually the best but they don't always deliver.

Luigi's Ranelagh (8/10) made a great pizza at a great rice but it's now closed.
    There was also a New York Pizza (8.5/10) place on Liberty Lane off Wexford St, great pizza.
    I believe they closed because of a rent / landlord dispute.

I will be checking out Credo and Juniors Paulies next.

Base Wood Fired Terenure 6/10
    Only had it once a good while ago and wasn't that impressed, overrated and expensive.
    Maybe I'll give it another go.

Dominos. 3/10
    Overpriced and mediocre. Just a step up from frozen supermarket pizza.
    Don't know how they get away with it - the power of marketing perhaps.
    Apache 3/10
    The Irish Dominos.

Four Star Pizza 1/10
    Had it once, that was enough

Mizzonis 5/10
    Used to be a lot better, also a bit hit and miss in the quality dept.

Pizza Hut 5/10
    Fills a hole it the best thing that can be said about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Got a Marinara from Honest pizza the other day base was nice but wasn't impressed with the toppings loved the Parmesan & Chilli Flatbread though nice bit of kick in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

I've ordered from Perfect Pizza in Drumcondra a number of times recently.

It's the best delivery pizza I've found that delivers to my area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Try the Chicken Wings from Pizza Hut. Hands down the best wings I've had and I've been to all the "best" wings places in Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

i must have no experience of pizza because i find dominos lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

da mimmo in north strand, amazing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mullyboyee

Checkers in Palmerstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There was also a New York Pizza (8.5/10) place on Liberty Lane off Wexford St, great pizza.
    I believe they closed because of a rent / landlord dispute.

Best takeaway pizza in Dublin by a mile these were and they only done delivery, there was a place in Ballyfermot with the same name but think they were unrelated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Roquentin wrote: »
    i must have no experience of pizza because i find dominos lovely

I like Dominos but it is very expensive. To feed 2 people you can easily spend 20 euro from dominos. Thats 5 goodfellas supermarket pizzas.

Theres a place around the corner from the Czech Inn that does great pizza. One slice is 4 euros and its a large slice. Two slices will normally fill me. Not sure if they deliver though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

This place is a bit out of town (Stepaside). I got pizza from here a handful of times and it was always pretty decent:
    http://www.quattrowfp.ie/order-online.html

I'd agree that Apache is pretty atrocious and would rate it FAR lower than Dominos.

Olivo's in Stoneybatter does pizza that hits the spot nicely after a few pints, but I have never tried it sober so I can't really give a reliable opinion on it. I got pizza from Luigi's in Ranelagh once or twice and Olivo's is pretty similar, if memory serves me correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

syklops wrote: »
    Theres a place around the corner from the Czech Inn that does great pizza. One slice is 4 euros and its a large slice. Two slices will normally fill me. Not sure if they deliver though.

Is that Di Fontaine's? I heard so much about it, and when I tried it all I got was a stale slice of pizza that had obviously been sitting out for ages, re-heated in an oven. The mozzarella had gone translucent and the base was something akin to corrugated cardboard. It's probably lovely when fresh out of the oven though. Ray's Pizza was similarly disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is that Di Fontaine's? I heard so much about it, and when I tried it all I got was a stale slice of pizza that had obviously been sitting out for ages, re-heated in an oven. The mozzarella had gone translucent and the base was something akin to corrugated cardboard. It's probably lovely when fresh out of the oven though. Ray's Pizza was similarly disappointing.

Name sounds right, but you can select which slices you want, so select the fresher looking pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

syklops wrote: »
    Name sounds right, but you can select which slices you want, so select the fresher looking pieces.

It IS Di Fontaine's. And when it's fresh, it's lovely.

Best pizza I've had delivered was from Firehouse in Ballymun.

Base - Wood Fired Pizza. Only tried the Stillorgan one but soooo good. Kinda pricy but totally worth it once in a while.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Anyone had a delivery from that one on the Kimmage Road? Russo? Rosso?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Vincenzos Wood Fired Pizza on the Malahide Road is lovely. Lots of nice toppings and a proper thin base. Also the staff are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

skinnie wrote: »
    I've ordered from Perfect Pizza in Drumcondra a number of times recently.

It's the best delivery pizza I've found that delivers to my area

Ill second that place. Firehouse in Ballymun are pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Best out my way is Gary's Gourmet Pizza in Dalkey.

Absolutely fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

I lived in Terenure for a while, and ordered from BASE there on a few occasions for pick-up. Extremely tasty and good quality ingredients. I always felt they were expensive, but good value compared to the stuff fired out by places like Dominos and Apache.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I can recommend Firehouse Pizza in Ballymun, I think they have a branch on the southside too. Have yet to try the Independent Pizza Co in Drumcondra but have always heard good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Firehouse is not bad. The toppings aren't the most flavourful but it's passable. Would say the same for Base although Base is too expensive for what it is really.

I've also heard Independent Pizza is very good but haven't had it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Are Base only on the southside? I heard they do pizzas in the neapolitan style which I'm a fan of so must try it sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Ordered from Base Stillorgan, hands down the worst pizza I've had in Dublin. Bears no resemblance to neapolitan pizza. Base had the texture of a bog standard take away pizza just a little thinner but no flavour at all or charred spots on the cornicione. Toppings were bland and scarce too. Way overpriced.

Credo is okay, a slight step up from dominos I guess but never had very good pizza in Dublin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Independent pizza are great but AFAIK they don't deliver. Fie on them.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Anyone had a delivery from that one on the Kimmage Road? Russo? Rosso?

To answer my own question - it's really, really good.

I ordered a pizza the night of the Germany match and was very impressed with what I got. Streets ahead of the Four Star/Apache/Dominos stuff, but that's not very hard.

Proper thin and crispy base, really nice toppings and a good balance of cheese and sauce. A little pricey when you factor in delivery but I'll definitely order again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    To answer my own question - it's really, really good.

I ordered a pizza the night of the Germany match and was very impressed with what I got. Streets ahead of the Four Star/Apache/Dominos stuff, but that's not very hard.

Proper thin and crispy base, really nice toppings and a good balance of cheese and sauce. A little pricey when you factor in delivery but I'll definitely order again.

What's the actual name of the place? Be willing to give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

gotham south in stillorgan hands down best pizza i have had in a long time..

Birneybau wrote: »
    What's the actual name of the place? Be willing to give it a try.

Rosso.

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-RossoAuthenticWoodFiredPizza-Kimmage

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Love firehouse pizza, great range of toppings. Also like that I can get vegan cheese there.

Anywhere deliver a nice marinara?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

When I lived in Drumcondra I used to get Firehouse, their meal deals are really good value.

The last couple of times I got pizza there though I went with PizzaDog and thought it was nicer. The quality of the pizza was better, although not as good value for money with meal deals, and not as good a selection of toppings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I love the Firehouse topings but the base is your bog-standard, Dominos-esque stodge.

Don't think anything comes close to Base for me.

Advertisement