Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Delivery Pizza in Dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I had Firehouse again over the weekend and decided I like their toppings and base, but don't care much for their tomato sauce, which tastes to me like it could use more seasoning. Also tastes like they add onions to the sauce which makes me feel like vomiting personally, though others may feel differently!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They have a few sauces you can choose from if you are feeling fancy:

Classic Firehouse Pizza Sauce
    Smokey BBQ
    Creamy Peppercorn
    Satay
    Fajita
    Garlic Butter

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oh god that reminds me of the time I got their fajita pizza. That was possibly one of the worst pizzas I'd even had, it just didn't work as a combination at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Don't see how Independant Pizza in Drumcondra comes up as one of the best. Went there last week. Fairly standard, disappointing base, and taste lacking.

I find most places don't do a good base and the overdo the cheese BIG time.

They have a few sauces you can choose from if you are feeling fancy:

Classic Firehouse Pizza Sauce
    Smokey BBQ
    Creamy Peppercorn
    Satay
    Fajita
    Garlic Butter

Oh good heavens no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

Pizza Max are the nuts. They've a few places around Dublin now. Don't let the name throw you, they pizza the fvck out of things. Quality toppings, great base, lovely sauces. They do pretty good 'value meal' type deals with sides and things as well (Hungryman meal - 16" pizza all the toppings or variations etc you want, two sides, five dipping sauces, two drinks - 20 books). Great chicken goujons. Awesome wedges. Thin base with garlic sauce for preference, if you're taking recommendations. They're the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Don't see how Independant Pizza in Drumcondra comes up as one of the best. Went there last week. Fairly standard, disappointing base, and taste lacking.

I find most places don't do a good base and the overdo the cheese BIG time.

Yeah, I don't get the buzz over Independent Pizza, either. Very average product but expensive for what it is. I think it was one of the first sit down pizza restaurants in Dublin, so maybe people think it's good based on nostalgia? I don't know.

Paulies pizza near Grand Canal is really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

OneOfThem wrote: »
    Pizza Max are the nuts. They've a few places around Dublin now. Don't let the name throw you, they pizza the fvck out of things. Quality toppings, great base, lovely sauces. They do pretty good 'value meal' type deals with sides and things as well (Hungryman meal - 16" pizza all the toppings or variations etc you want, two sides, five dipping sauces, two drinks - 20 books). Great chicken goujons. Awesome wedges. Thin base with garlic sauce for preference, if you're taking recommendations. They're the business.

I found it one of the worst pizzas I ever had, Clanbrassil Street branch, just bad quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

OneOfThem wrote: »

Pizza Max is absolute muck, easily the worst takeaway pizza I've had. Bases are like those pre-made ones that you buy in the supermarket. I'd rather have frozen pizza!

I've had it a good few times as well, so it wasn't a once-off bad experience. An ex used to order it a lot from a branch near Cabra, and tried the Clanbrassil Street one a few months ago as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

Pizza max and Firehouse are absolutely awful. Although these doughy shabby style pizzas seem to appeal to certain people or they wouldn't be in business!
    I was in the Bath pub in Beggars Bush on Sat night and the pizzas you order at the bar come from Base pizza. Absolutely delicious. Crispy thin base and beautifully arranged.
    There's a place in Portmarnock too, the name escapes me, but they are the real deal, even got a write up in the Indo a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

I was in the Bath pub in Beggars Bush on Sat night and the pizzas you order at the bar come from Base pizza. Absolutely delicious. Crispy thin base and beautifully arranged.
    I thought Base was absolute garbage. The base was awful, no flavour or colour, and the scant toppings were tasteless. I assume they are meant to be neapolitan style after reading their site but they neither look nor taste like the real deal.

Never had good pizza in Dublin anywhere.

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    I thought Base was absolute garbage. The base was awful, no flavour or colour, and the scant toppings were tasteless. I assume they are meant to be neapolitan style after reading their site but they neither look nor taste like the real deal.

Never had good pizza in Dublin anywhere.

You must be hard to satisfy. Try milanos, although they don't deliver. The 4 of us eating Base on Saturday rather enjoyed it, perhaps you got Base on an off day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

definitely best in dublin, BY FAR...

proper tiny autenthic italian pizza, u can get take away but they dont deliver
    and they also open at very weird times so youd be best to ring ahead before dropping in to get your pizza

the menu is whatever fresh ingredients he has but theyre always amazing... well worth checkin out, based beside dublin castle

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d1444280-Reviews-Bottega_Toffoli-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

You must be hard to satisfy. Try milanos, although they don't deliver. The 4 of us eating Base on Saturday rather enjoyed it, perhaps you got Base on an off day.

Maybe they've changed but I always thought the Bath ordered their pizza from Paulie's Pizza alongside it?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Maybe they've changed but I always thought the Bath ordered their pizza from Paulie's Pizza alongside it?

Not now anyway. Even says base on their website!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

da mimmo in north strand, amazing
    Best pizza I've had in Ireland. Thin base, fresh ingredients that are balanced just right. Pretty sure they deliver although I've only ever eaten in (very small seating area).

ixoy wrote: »
    Best pizza I've had in Ireland. Thin base, fresh ingredients that are balanced just right. Pretty sure they deliver although I've only ever eaten in (very small seating area).

Is that the one just at the hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Da Mimmo is yum, but Doppio Zero ops it for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

I swear by domino's. And mizzonis isn't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I may be a martyr and try all of these. Take one for the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Da Mimmo is yum, but Doppio Zero ops it for me :)

(I love Da Mimmo, to eat in. I don't eat takeaways myself, but this thread is interesting because it has places like this on it, that do both takeaway and seated).

I've never heard of Doppio Zero, just googling it now I see it's on Abbey St.
    Is it nice to sit in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Had Da Mimmo last night- not bad, best we've had so far in Dublin. Still not a great base tho but like I said, best so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

My expert opinion... Get the flat bread from tesco, cover it with napolitana pasta sauce and grated mozarella on top. From there, it is up to you: olives, mushrooms, ham, chicken, sausage, whatever you like.

It is cheaper than any take away, more expensive than godfellas, but by far the best pizza I have ever tried in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

gzoladz wrote: »
    My expert opinion... Get the flat bread from tesco, cover it with napolitana pasta sauce and grated mozarella on top. From there, it is up to you: olives, mushrooms, ham, chicken, sausage, whatever you like.

It is cheaper than any take away, more expensive than godfellas, but by far the best pizza I have ever tried in Ireland.

That's not what was asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Pizza Max D7 - hands down pizza pizza in the area and also the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Slattsy wrote: »
    Pizza Max D7 - hands down pizza pizza in the area and also the cheapest.

There's a reason it's so cheap...it's disgusting!

If anyone lives around St Anne's park, there's a food market on Saturdays and the pizza truck thing does really amazing thin crust pizzas. Had one the other day, yum.

There's a reason it's so cheap...it's disgusting!

In your opinion :rolleyes:

Slattsy wrote: »
    In your opinion :rolleyes:

My opinion too. And I'd imagine the opinion of even a slightly cultured palet.

• Advertisement

My opinion too. And I'd imagine the opinion of even a slightly cultured palet.

Well my friends like it, and i've loads of friends so we must be right? Right? lol

Its take away pizza ffs, not Chapter One.

Advertisement