Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crystal Palace vs Arsenal 1.30pm kick off Sky sports

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sanchez off fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

efb wrote: »
    We are as fragile as a kinder egg

We really are. Very worrying for the season ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We do need a goal here I feel, this crowd will get rocking last 10

The commentator was right on NBC, our new back 5 need time to gel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Drexel wrote: »
    How did cabaye end up at palace. I'd love him at arsenal

He could well end up there eventually when he angles for a move away. When he's bothered, he's excellent. When he's not... Well...

Can only really judge him from his time at Newcastle. Was good but used us for a move away to a bigger team when France recalled him into the national team.

Attitude really stank towards the end but certainly helped raise our game when he was bothered and in form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I am not confident in Cech in goal at all seems to come out and punch too often and when he does he never connects cleanly enough ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I am not confident in Cech in goal at all seems to come out and punch too often and when he does he never connects cleanly enough ,

Cech is a good goalie and will settle in for you guys. Not as good as he was 5 or 6 years ago, but he is more than enough to challenge for trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Did Bamford just come on and started handing out bars like a young Willy Wonka :P

It'll take him time to get used to his new back four. Coming from the likes of Terry/Cahill to Koscielny and Mertesacker are two different kettles of fish.

No offence to Arsenal but they're not exactly the sturdiest of CB pairings to what he'd be used to at Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

kfallon wrote: »
    Did Bamford just come on and started handing out bars like a young Willy Wonka :P

Those energy drink thinks are going to be this seasons snood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Drexel wrote: »
    How did cabaye end up at palace. I'd love him at arsenal

Alan Pardew.

And credit to Pardew as well. One of the signings of the summer.

Gibbs? Surely we could bring on a more defensive player?

Bodycheck on Giroud, but we'll ignore that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Soups123 wrote: »
    Did you read my posts at all??? Other than spouting
    Yes, I did.
    Soups123 wrote: »
    Because he wasn't getting sucked into the pantomime that's gone on since the first yellow

Top class refereeing so far

To me, that implies that you don't agree with the view being expressed that Coquelin should have walked, and that the ref was correct not to send him off. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. And I won't continue the argument as we could be here all day and not agree and also I don't want a mod to ban me for derailing a thread. Enjoy the game, and I hope you get your (what looks likely now) win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Arteta has been great since he came on

• Advertisement

Bodycheck on Giroud, but we'll ignore that...

Absolutely nothing in that tbh. I assume you're talking about Delaney and Giroud just falling over?

Have a free corner...

That_Guy wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing in that tbh. I assume you're talking about Delaney and Giroud just falling over?

Delaney bodychecked him

Have a free corner...

We should be down to ten men tbf...

Delaney bodychecked him

I thought that until I saw the replay. Looked to be nothing in it from my view anyway.

• Advertisement

Delaney had a good game. I'd give ozil MOTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Super win for Arsenal to get back on track after last week. There won't be many clubs teams winning at Selhurst Park this season.

Sanchez doesn't like wearing tops it seems...

3 points. V happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Job done and a great job done at that. The season starts.....

Brilliant game. Coq's non-dismissal will probably be the main talking point but I really enjoyed that.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Arteta has been great since he came on

At one stage when he charged through and won the ball, I thought he was the Ox. He can still move alright when he wants to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Very good win there today , Lucky in a sense that Coquelin didn't get sent off and with the 2nd goal but I'll take it every day of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Can't complain at all. Plenty of teams will lose points at Selhurst Park this season.

COYG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Enjoyable game. Good win for Arsenal. Thought Palace gave a very good account of themselves and will be very hard to beat at Selhurst.

Ref was a joke but that's no surprise in England any more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement