Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Bournemouth 17/08/15 8PM Sky sports 1

• 16-08-2015 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6WR-XBCGm7UlOOe8nWdZg7MAx40JnB8QZtBCJ3zu3-FlYeNXT

Eddie Howe takes his side to Anfield for their first PL away game and will be encouraged by their dominance in possession and the amount of opportunities they created in their opening game against Villa.

Possible starting XI :Boruc, Francis, Elphick, Cook, Daniels, Ritchie, Gosling, Surman, Pugh, King, Wilson.

Liverpool came through a tough away game at the Britannia and found themselves lucky to come away with all three points, thanks to another magical strike by the little guy from Brazil.

Possible starting XI: Mig, Gomez, Loveren, Skrtel, Clyne, Can, Milner, Henderson, Firminio, Coutinho, Benteke.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nothing lucky about Coutinho's goal. :mad:

I see the same starting 11 but with Can in for Lallana. Firmino to get 30 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Nothing lucky about Coutinho's goal. :mad:
    I never said Coutinho's goal was lucky, but Liverpool as a whole were lucky to get a win because that game looked like it was heading for a draw.. Here's what I actually said.
    Liverpool came through a tough away game at the Britannia and found themselves lucky to come away with all three points, thanks to another magical strike by the little guy from Brazil.
    So in your eyes, Magical = Lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Don't think Firming??? will start, hopefully he'll get 30-40 minutes and be good to go for the following weekend.
    I'd like to see the midfield trio that finished V Stoke start tomorrow night, Can, Milner & Henderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,636 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Giving opposition too much respect is not a good thing
    I can imagine Shankly saying
    '' score five and we go top!, but only alphabetically, I want 6 !!''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wilson up against Skrtel/Lovren would worry me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,602 ✭✭✭brevity

MD1990 wrote: »
    Wilson up against Skrtel/Lovren would worry me.

2561442500000578-2941985-image-m-15_1423180203481.jpg

brevity wrote: »
    2561442500000578-2941985-image-m-15_1423180203481.jpg

Actually looks like Balotelli .

Balotelli-Instagram-Liverpool-561994.jpg

2561442500000578_2941985_image_m_15_142318020348.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Match threads are gone to crap now as well, fooking saps.

Charlie19 wrote: »

Possible starting XI: Mig, Gomez, Loveren, Skrtel, Clyne, Can, Milner, Henderson, Firminio, Coutinho, Benteke.

I see the same starting 11 but with Can in for Lallana. Firmino to get 30 minutes.

I'm with ye, Can is surely a must start, combination of the defensive with desire to burst forward from deep deserves a start after the 2nd half last week.

Could see Ibe keeping his starting place too but would love to see Firminio start up close to Benteke, if it's not working get Ibe on 2nd half or Ings maybe.

I want to see a front 2 or at least a front 1 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Anyone here go to mc garrys in harolds cross to watch games? What's it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Looking forward to this. Bournemouth play a nice brand of football but I don't think they have strengthened enough to stay up. A good few new players by both clubs needing to settle in so I am expecting a disjointed display by both.

Liverpool by the odd goal, 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hope that Liverpool score more goals than Bournemouth, but not own goals, just regular goals and more of them than Bournemouth to ensure a reward of three points. Even just one more goal. It worked last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Will this continue in the similar vein of newly promoted sides taking a surprise 1-0 lead and holding out for the win or 1-1 draw as their keeper has a world class day between the sticks?

Yes, yes it will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hopefully a fake win for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,337 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hopefully Benteke can get a couple of goals, defence can get a clean sheet, Firmino can get 30 mins and Can starts.

Still Bournemouth will be right up for it so not taking anything for granted. An unconvincing 1 nil will do nicely too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I can see Bournemouth taking advantage of Liverpool's terrible start to the season following their awful window in their ancient stadium in front of the worst fans in the world. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

2-0 for me, I think Liverpool will look to get at them all game, from both flanks with the FBs getting up, and with Coutinho looking for Hendo and Firmino in the channels between CB and FB. Benteke should keep their CBs busy to provide the spaces...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Buck Melanoma

3-1 liverpool, bournemouth with more possession but liverpool with more cutting edge(hopefully).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I would like Liverpool to win this game of association soccer by kicking and/or heading the football into the Bournemouth net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

8-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

4-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

will gladly take the same result we got vs stoke ,am hoping for a good performance

3 points above performance for me, it's only early into the season and there is plenty of time for everything to gel.

Utd are sitting with six points from two average performances, I'd easily take that at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Charlie19 wrote: »
    3 points above performance for me, it's only early into the season and there is plenty of time for everything to gel.

Utd are sitting with six points from two average performances, I'd easily take that at this stage of the season.

That's pretty generous.

Same team against Stoke it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭joe123

Sakho not even on the bench again. Same with Lucas.

Very odd there with Sakho especially. Id be expecting him to leave at this stage if hes not injured. How is Toure making the squad ahead of him?

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    That's pretty generous.

True but I can't be saying anything too bad with our game still to come.

Same side as what faced Stoke.

Cherries XI to face #LFC: Boruc, Francis, Elphick, Cook, Daniels, Ritchie, O'Kane, Surman, Gradel, King, Wilson.

No Sakho in the 18 again.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

CMoRiPmWgAADfjT.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

MD1990 wrote: »
    No Sakho in the 18 again.

I find that very strange has he fallen out with Rodgers ?

• Advertisement

Slightly disappointed that it's the same lineup as last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,082 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A lot of people confident about how this game will go. I wouldn't be so sure, yeah Bournemouth could get well beaten in this one but they have a very astute manager and he will have learned a lot from last weekend's defeat.

Gosling and Distin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,072 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sakho still on paternity leave I see.

eagle eye wrote: »
    A lot of people confident about how this game will go. I wouldn't be so sure, yeah Bournemouth could get well beaten in this one but they have a very astute manager and he will have learned a lot from last weekend's defeat.

This is the type of game where Liverpool could get shown up really, although it should be a home win still. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bournemouth get a result though as Liverpool are not consistent enough generally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,268 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gosling and Distin!

Gosling...i'll never forget FA cup goal that ITV cut away from just before it went in.

Gradel,King & Wilson all have pace. They will be dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I find that very strange has he fallen out with Rodgers ?

Probably the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Who plays on the wings for liverpool lads? Have Countinho in my draft kings team but thinking of switching for milner. Milner gets oads of points for firing crosses in. Who takes pools free kicks and pens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

If Sakho had a falling out with Rodgers, Liverpool are in serious trouble for season. Having Kolo on the bench/or even starting is not good enough for a team chasing top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

eagle eye wrote: »

Bournemouth aren't good enough for this league. It's as simple as that. They may get a couple of surprise wins this season but they haven't improved the side much at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

m.j.w wrote: »
    Who plays on the wings for liverpool lads? Have Countinho in my draft kings team but thinking of switching for milner. Milner gets oads of points for firing crosses in. Who takes pools free kicks and pens?

Henderson should be on frees and pens. Jordan ibe will play on the wing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

amber69 wrote: »
    Henderson should be on frees and pens. Jordan ibe will play on the wing

Cheers ill stick with coutihino so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Watching the warm up games here and Firmino just nutmegged Moreno with a rabona

This lad is special

Lusty rendition.

• Advertisement
Advertisement