Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Bournemouth 17/08/15 8PM Sky sports 1

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I thought Lallana was pretty good defensively in the second half. The context of very good is that I have never seen him in any way relevant to the game before, whereas tonight he seemed to be getting behind the ball and getting in the way at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Just need to push on and improve the 3 ppg average.

If LFC can improve to 4 ppg, I'd be very impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Anyone wrote: »
    Not a good performance, but 3 points and a clean sheet for Linda.

Will she have a clean sheet tonight ? Arf arf...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Gotta love that alphabetical ordering of the table...it's the small things :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bournemouth didn't deserve anything tonight but can see them picking up points against some of the weaker teams going for top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

LFC get the result they deserved out of that despite the officials best efforts. Just need to push on and improve the 3 ppg average.

Deserved! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

picture?type=normal&width=9999&height=9999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

colly10 wrote: »
    Hope to be seeing Moreno this season, Gomez isn't at his level yet

Is this a joke ? I thought Gomez and Clyne had decent games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Thank god I had Benteke in my fantasy team :p

https://vine.co/v/ez9IATwLBTj

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Thank god I had Benteke in my fantasy team :p

https://vine.co/v/ez9IATwLBTj

That's sterlings eldest lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

zerks wrote: »
    picture?type=normal&width=9999&height=9999

You do know EVERYONE knows it was offside, yeah?

If LFC can improve to 4 ppg, I'd be very impressed.

It can be done.

SlickRic wrote: »

Susssh.

Makes it sweeter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

2 down 36 to go 1-0 to the Liverpool lol

You have to admire the effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Before people start going totally bananas, you have to remember that United have won their two games 1-0 as well. Arsenal barely crawled over the line yesterday and Chelsea have a single point to their names.

I think it's safe to say that until injuries and tiredness kick in later in the season, that the open batch of fixtures are going to be tough for all the top teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Apart from the linesman!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why say something when you can post a picture instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Complete lack of class from Rogers there.

Where do sky hire their interviewers from?

Mad for some bit of controversial quote. Zero interesting questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

5starpool wrote: »
    Why say something when you can post a picture instead?

and/or quote Alan Shearer, that heavyweight of football analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Poor attention seeking tonight.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Where do sky hire their interviewers from?

Mad for some bit of controversial quote. Zero interesting questions.

what happened ?

Villain wrote: »
    Complete lack of class from Rogers there.

:D

ricero wrote: »
    what happened ?

Not much. Rodgers didn't take any bait regarding the offside goal.

They are just poor in general imo

Offside goal kind of makes up for a few of those offside goals Liverpool conceded last season, as they say it all evens itself out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

League is more or less in the bag now. Benteke will start banging them in goodo and Lallana is starting to look like Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Only seeing the highlights now. Bournemouth's goal was rightly disallowed. Can't put hands on a player to get leverage. Correct decision.

As for Liverpool's goal... A clear example of the new ruling not being implemented. Goal should not have stood. Decent take but as blatant an offside (according to the new rules) you'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

That_Guy wrote: »
    As for Liverpool's goal... A clear example of the new ruling not being implemented. Goal should not have stood. Decent take but as blatant an offside (according to the new rules) you'll see.

Would it not even have been offside under the old rules? If you see the keeper's movements then you can see Coutinho was definitely interfering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

If Coutinho is having to drift centrally nearly every time to get himself involved, and Lallana is on the periphery for the entire game, would it not make sense to have Lallana starting from out wide and Coutinho starting in the middle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

bur wrote: »
    would it not make sense to have Lallana starting from out wide

Way out wide. On the bench preferably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

That_Guy wrote: »
    Only seeing the highlights now. Bournemouth's goal was rightly disallowed. Can't put hands on a player to get leverage. Correct decision.
    But Sanchez did it to Ward and the Arsenal goal stood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I didn't think that there was a foul for the Bournemouth goal but the defender did his best to make it look like it.

If they can see that foul you'd have to wonder how they can miss such a clear offside. I hear people saying that this is the new offside rule but it's not because if you were offside and made an attempt to play the ball it was offside for the last couple of seasons.

We don't know how the match would have went if the Bournemouth goal had been given and the Liverpool goal right disallowed but Bournemouth can rightly feel they got screwed at Anfield last night.

I don't think Liverpool look great on the two matches so far this season but they've certainly got lucky. Having luck like that early in the season gives them more time to get things right and they could well finish very high up this season.

Even though Benteke's goal was offside he still did well with that finish and in general play last night. The big thing for him is the amount of space he will get playing for Liverpool instead of Villa where he was the only real goalscoring threat. I expect to see him comfortably beat the 20 goal mark this season.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I didn't think that there was a foul for the Bournemouth goal but the defender did his best to make it look like it.

If they can see that foul you'd have to wonder how they can miss such a clear offside. I hear people saying that this is the new offside rule but it's not because if you were offside and made an attempt to play the ball it was offside for the last couple of seasons.

We don't know how the match would have went if the Bournemouth goal had been given and the Liverpool goal right disallowed but Bournemouth can rightly feel they got screwed at Anfield last night.

I don't think Liverpool look great on the two matches so far this season but they've certainly got lucky. Having luck like that early in the season gives them more time to get things right and they could well finish very high up this season.

Even though Benteke's goal was offside he still did well with that finish and in general play last night. The big thing for him is the amount of space he will get playing for Liverpool instead of Villa where he was the only real goalscoring threat. I expect to see him comfortably beat the 20 goal mark this season.

Bournemouth got a free kick out from a Liverpool corner for the same thing their goal was disallowed for

Advertisement