Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto publish vBulletin threads to Facebook Page ?

Options
  • 16-08-2015 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Please move if in wrong sub-forum.

Hey,

I've been using Hootsuite (free) to publish thread from a vBulletin forum to a Facebook page. It's been going really well until I think Facebook changed something. Now the thread topic titles are not shown as the main text in the Facebook post :mad:

So, is there an alternative solution? one that will auto post would be great.

What does this does anyone know?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Best ask here... https://www.facebook.com/groups/fbdevelopers/ although they wont take too kindly to you if its obvious you havent read any of their documentation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

iPaddyM wrote: »
    Please move if in wrong sub-forum.

Hey,

I've been using Hootsuite (free) to publish thread from a vBulletin forum to a Facebook page. It's been going really well until I think Facebook changed something. Now the thread topic titles are not shown as the main text in the Facebook post :mad:

So, is there an alternative solution? one that will auto post would be great.

What does this does anyone know?

TIA

Did Hootsuite supply the vbulletin plugin that you were using? If they did, have you tried their support/forums?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can use the RSS feed from Vbulletin and pass it via a 3rd party service such as FeedPress or Dlvr.it

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

Thanks for the replies.

I have RSS feeds (set up in vBulletin settings) brought in via feeds.feedburner.com from alerts (two) I've set up on Google Alerts.

Example: http://feeds.feedburner.com/GoogleAlert-Cannabis

vBulletin runs 7 other similar feeds every 15 minutes. Then what use to happen was Hootsuite would feed those new threads (RSS Feeds) to our FB Page every hour. But FB doesn't allow this now so I'm looking to feed those threads to FB automatically if possible.

@Blacknight Ok cool, I think I see what you mean. So, I can create a RSS from certain forums (I know how to do that) and feed them to FB via FeedPress or Dlvr.it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

iPaddyM wrote: »
    @Blacknight Ok cool, I think I see what you mean. So, I can create a RSS from certain forums (I know how to do that) and feed them to FB via FeedPress or Dlvr.it ?
    Yes, but a word of caution
    Cross-posting ALL threads to Facebook isn't going to drive engagement and probably won't bring much value unless you're quite selective in how you do it

Of course it's your site and you can run it how you wish, but I'd be wary of just turning something like this on .. I was doing it on a couple of sites in the past and it was futile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

Thanks for the advice everyone, I've been using Zapier about 2/3 weeks now and I have it running smoothly, Zapier works really well, and is free for 5 "Zaps". It's great for traffic to our forum.

:)

Advertisement