Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2015*** Link to R1 points in the OP

• 16-08-2015 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Peregrine requested this, so here it is.

Got 20 points over what I needed, hoping TCD Science doesn't rise that much!

Hope everyone's happy with their choices tomorrow!

MOD WARNING:

Anyone trolling, claiming to have inside information for real, to have got the paper early, etc. etc. without being able to back up their claims will be banned.

In fact, we've asked for sitebans in the past for serious cases of malicious scaremongering, and the Admins have been more than happy to implement them.

No-one needs that crap, thanks.

Round 1 points: http://www2.cao.ie/points/l8.php

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Well well well the time is almost upon us.

I'm more than safe for Journalism and New Media in UL but I'll be interested to see how the points go this year.

What's everyone hoping for? Put it all here and best of luck! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

I've got 15 more points than what engineering was in UCD last year but I have a terrible feeling that the points will rise a good bit this year and that I will miss out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

I'm glad someone bit the bullet and made this ;)

Pretty assured of medicine in UCD but I still feel butterflies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

I'm well over Engineering Undenominated in NUIG, I know I sound cocky but it's only a matter of waiting...

I'm well over Engineering Undenominated in NUIG, I know I sound cocky but it's only a matter of waiting...

People keep saying things to me like "oh confident aren't we?" and calling me cocky but I'm like....it's not going to jump 145 points...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

anyone else staying up till 6 ? im way to nervous to sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Law & business in TCD or business & law in UCD. Not sure how I will fare out though considering that there is a greater demand for law courses this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

People keep saying things to me like "oh confident aren't we?" and calling me cocky but I'm like....it's not going to jump 145 points...

I'm the same, it's worse because the girl I work with didn't get her course last year after the LC or this year after a PLC so I feel I can't be sure but I know I'll get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

I'm well over what I need for BESS in TCD, fairly assured of getting my place but still nervous. I'm still excited though to actually get the offer and stuff tomorrow.

Who's running down to the 24hour Tesco to get the papers?
    (Whoever it is, please use imgur so we dont break boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shoopdeboop

anyone else staying up till 6 ? im way to nervous to sleep

Definitely, not sure how anyone couldn't!

• Advertisement

its a bit like christmas haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Did someone post this in the wrong forum? :pac:

I want to do Electronic Engineering in NUIG, with Science as my second choice and I'm about 50 over each of them so did say I'm grand. Roll out of bed at about half 11 and finish it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I'm 110 points over Applied Physics in UL and I'm actually freaking out over a massive point increase. CompSci jumped 90 points in UCC one year so you never know.

I don't know if I'll stay up until 6am, it's unlikely I will but I see how I feel at 4am!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 QwertyT

Got 25 over what Arts in NUIG was last year and have the needed HC3 and all that but still bricking it ðŸ˜

Please tell me someone lives near some shop and is willing to go get a paper at 3am :P

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

It's a bit like eurovision. :) Am 35 points over so should be okay, looking forward to tonight's repartee though.

many going for arts in nuig?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 QwertyT

many going for arts in nuig?

I am! Hopefully it doesn't go up.

QwertyT wrote: »
    I am! Hopefully it doesn't go up.

Hopefully I'm on exactly 300 but it hasn't gone up in 3 years so I'm hopefull

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I'm 65 points over last year's requirement for UCD Science, but I still can't see myself sleeping properly tonight. The anticipation is somewhat exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Going to go find a paper tonight if I can. And add another for arts in NUIG:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gonegray

Troxck wrote: »
    I'm 110 points over Applied Physics in UL and I'm actually freaking out over a massive point increase. CompSci jumped 90 points in UCC one year so you never know.

I don't know if I'll stay up until 6am, it's unlikely I will but I see how I feel at 4am!

The reason for this rise is simple, they reduced the intake by around 25%.
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

gonegray wrote: »
    The reason for this rise is simple, they reduced the intake by around 25%.
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

That makes a lot more sense, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

Anyone else looking to get veterinary medicine? :D Points last year were 580 but I got 615 so I'm super excited to see if all goes well tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

Everyone is talking about getting the papers at night, what is in them and when are they delivered?

aquse wrote: »
    Everyone is talking about getting the papers at night, what is in them and when are they delivered?

The Irish Times (I think) have the points printed for every course. They're usually left outside stores at 2/3am and every year people in the larger towns or cities call down to take them. People often ask in the 24 hour shops too!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mcd2812

I did the Leaving Cert last year but will probably check in here tonight if I'm up because I remember the nervous excitement of waiting for someone to source a newspaper at 3am :P I hope ye all get what ye want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Hyperboi_G

I'm hoping for business international in DCU and I'm 10 points above last years points hope it doesn't rise beyond that considering the 20 point jump in the last 2 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

Troxck wrote: »
    The Irish Times (I think) have the points printed for every course. They're usually left outside stores at 2/3am and every year people in the larger towns or cities call down to take them. People often ask in the 24 hour shops too!

Does anybody know does the Irish times have a digital version,Like I could access off the internet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

kcera wrote: »
    Does anybody know does the Irish times have a digital version,Like I could access off the internet?

AFAIK the supplement with ALL of the points in it isnt released online until 6.

BUT, the online version of the print edition, which mentions some courses and general trends will probably be released sometime in the early hours. I think it's around €2 to get.

Advertisement