Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2015*** Link to R1 points in the OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

i still think 65 points off with hear is a long shot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guitargirl

OMGeary wrote: »
    Out of curiosity , guitar girl how did you get your hands on the paper in the end ?

The mammy knows Dublin rather well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Jahoby

Biochem went from 445 to 470 and Chem sciences from 435 to 455, I have 410 from the LC both courses would have a lot of places

I'd say you're nailed on for the 455 course but the Biochem might be a push. Not impossible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Science mad

Jahoby wrote: »
    I'd say you're nailed on for the 455 course but the Biochem might be a push. Not impossible though.

Hopefully will get one of them, would be delighted with either! Thanks for your input

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Well this was a roller-coaster of a night to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

What would yous say my chances are with Strength and conditioning in Limerick It,Missed out by 5 points :(

kcera wrote: »
    What would yous say my chances are with Strength and conditioning in Limerick It,Missed out by 5 points :(

Are you eligible for HEAR or DARE?

Are you eligible for HEAR or DARE?

No I never applied :(

Don't give up anyway, because it's only 5 points you'd be right up there if any places are left for round 2!

If you don't get it this year and you don't want to repeat, I say take a year out, do a PLC course or work and apply for DARE/HEAR with your points from this year. Hopefully you'll get your course then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 2015LC1

First choice is gone up 25 points...even with dare I can't get it...I guess you win some, you lose some

2015LC1 wrote: »
    First choice is gone up 25 points...even with dare I can't get it...I guess you win some, you lose some

How far are you off it?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Meanman

Anyone have the points for this please

Jijsaw wrote: »
    If you don't get it this year and you don't want to repeat, I say take a year out, do a PLC course or work and apply for DARE/HEAR with your points from this year. Hopefully you'll get your course then!

thanks,But lets say I got something rechecked,Like i went from A C1 to a B3(5 point increase) would I get offered a place?

How far are you off it?
    15 points....I'm getting LCVP and Business rechecked so I think I could come up the 15 points but who knows...If not, I'll settle for my second choice

15 points....I'm getting LCVP and Business rechecked so I think I could come up the 15 points but who knows...If not, I'll settle for my second choice

If you have Dare you should get in

thanks,But lets say I got something rechecked,Like i went from A C1 to a B3(5 point increase) would I get offered a place?

Technically they have to offer you the place yeah, but some colleges make you defer it until next year, worth a try though

If you have Dare you should get in
    very unlikely, it's a popular course

very unlikely, it's a popular course

15 is very close for DARE, I think you've a good chance

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

T minus ten minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

just want to say best of luck to everyone

If CAO goes down, I'm gonna be worse than Liam Neelson in action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Whenever I refresh the page of the CAO, I just get logged out! Anyway to avoid this?

T Minus 5!

Troxck wrote: »
    Whenever I refresh the page of the CAO, I just get logged out! Anyway to avoid this?

Not sure if this works, but have one tab open on your page, then have another open on the login page, fill in all your details and click login the second it goes 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

OMGeary wrote: »
    Not sure if this works, but have one tab open on your page, then have another open on the login page, fill in all your details and click login the second it goes 6

Yeah I just decided to have my info filled in and will hover over the log-in button.

How cruel would a DDoS attack be?

Troxck wrote: »
    Yeah I just decided to have my info filled in and will hover over the log-in button.

How cruel would a DDoS attack be?

Funny in an I'm really tired sort of way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Aw, got offered what I wanted to get, but too much money to do first year of another course without SUSI :o:p

Woohoo, I got in.
    I'm deferring but that blue button is so tempting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

1st choice x2!! Happy out is an understatement :P

Advertisement