Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2015*** Link to R1 points in the OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

not sure if im looking in wrong place but are the individual TSM points posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

Peter005 wrote: »
    I got Veterinary!!!! Im so happy! :)

Well done!! I'll see you there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

How many courses do people get offered in the first round? Is it usually just 1?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Peg14 wrote: »
    not sure if im looking in wrong place but are the individual TSM points posted?

They won't be, until the final places are filled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

How many courses do people get offered in the first round? Is it usually just 1?

:rolleyes:
    You've been around long enough.
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 OKIKI

Anyone get into general nursing on reduced points?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OKIKI

Anyone get into general nursing on reduced points?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

Got my first choice, computer science in DIT! Do you know when DIT will send out the registration email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 roco1

Can I 'accept' my first choice before the 24th August, but when 2nd rounds come in change my mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

journalism & new media in UL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 donegal262

Has anyone been successful getting trinity halls yet? My login keeps saying 'user not recognised' and I'm freaking out a tad :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

roco1 wrote: »
    Can I 'accept' my first choice before the 24th August, but when 2nd rounds come in change my mind?

From the CAO Handbook, which you should have read.

Having received an offer in any round, you may get a higher preference offer in a later round.
    You will never be offered a lower preference in a later round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭leopard trek

Accepted nursing in ucd :D I wanted medicine but a combined mediocre hpat and leavjng cert left me disappointed. Would hope to go on and do post grad though! Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ChloeMarrinan

R2015 wrote: »
    Anyone else doing criminology ucc?

I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 viperockz

viperockz wrote: »
    Guys Guys Guys

I got offered the First one on List but but I want the one that's second on list.

What should i do ???

I only see offer for 1st one for list :(

The one that's second is near to me..

Guys I ll ask you for all time before i accept the one in LIM :(:(:(

So there is no way in hell ? What if the course in GMIT has any free places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 superduckdude

Your CAO choices were supposed to be listed in order of preferences. As far as I know there is no way CAO is going to offer you a place when you have already been offered a more preferred one. Anyway, perhaps its worth giving them a ring to see what they have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

You're definitely not getting the second choice. If the one in GMIT has free places - it will go to people who say got their second and missed out on their first through random selection.

If you get your first choice, then that's what you're stuck with. This is why you should read the CAO handbook and familarise yourself with this kind of thing. Your CAO form is meant to be ordered by preference, not points.

Your CAO choices were supposed to be listed in order of preferences. As far as I know there is no way CAO is going to offer you a place when you have already been offered a more preferred one. Anyway, perhaps its worth giving them a ring to see what they have to say.

Give who a Ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 superduckdude

Give who a Ring

CAO, your university - whatever. Honestly there's not much you can do, as the above poster is saying, this kind of the thing is what the CAO handbook is designed to prevent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Benm123 wrote: »
    Msiss in trinity went up by a whopping 40 points... What even? I was 35 points clear and was sure I got it and now they throw this at me...

40 points increase?? I really can't get over it. What are the chances of me getting in on 2nd round offers if I've fallen 5 points short of the first round min points?

Your at top of the list if someone doesn't accept so chances are somewhat high how many places do trinity have in that course will determine how likely it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Lucky Leprechaun

Hey I only got one option from a level 7/6, I got no offers for a level 8 course, What will I do? Will I get a Level 8 option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

No it's not worth giving them a ring.
    That's what makes the cao such a fair system.
    No exceptions for anyone.
    The person in question had ample opportunity to get this right and at this age should be responsible for themselves meaning no one else to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thedumbone

Information Technology Management Tallaght, it has to be miracle that i received an offer

I have question one though, I accepted week ago part time course in ITT just in case I wouldn't have enough points for full time course. I have asked them before if I can accept full time course after I accepted part time course and they replied that it's not a problem. Should I just let them know that I will be doing full time instead of part time course there or are they fine with the CAO system? Thanks in advance.

Well done everybody!

thedumbone wrote: »
    Information Technology Management Tallaght, it has to be miracle that i received an offer

I have question one though, I accepted week ago part time course in ITT just in case I wouldn't have enough points for full time course. I have asked them before if I can accept full time course after I accepted part time course and they replied that it's not a problem. Should I just let them know that I will be doing full time instead of part time course there or are they fine with the CAO system? Thanks in advance.

As a courtesy, I would let them know you won't be taking up the part-time course - someone else will be delighted to get a place.
    Good luck in your course.

Hey I only got one option from a level 7/6, I got no offers for a level 8 course, What will I do? Will I get a Level 8 option?

Do you have enough points for LVL 8 ?

Its highly not possible if you off by 20+ Points

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thedumbone

spurious wrote: »
    As a courtesy, I would let them know you won't be taking up the part-time course - someone else will be delighted to get a place.
    Good luck in your course.

will do it then, thank you for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 18 R2015

I am!

Oh deadly! So happy to see someone else who's doing it! Are you living on campus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Hey guys, quick question. My brother applied for both S&C courses in LIT Thurles, level 6/7 and level 8.
    Todays points reveled the level 7 was 260 points and level 8 was 300. My brother got 295 and got the required 5 passes yet got a letter to say he got no place.

Should he have not been given a place in the level 7 course? It required 260 and he got 295, he's really baffled.... What went wrong? Is it an error?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Hey guys, quick question. My brother applied for both S&C courses in LIT Thurles, level 6/7 and level 8.
    Todays points reveled the level 7 was 260 points and level 8 was 300. My brother got 295 and got the required 5 passes yet got a letter to say he got no place.

Should he have not been given a place in the level 7 course? It required 260 and he got 295, he's really baffled.... What went wrong? Is it an error?
    Did he meet the entry requirements?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Benm123

mad turnip wrote: »
    Your at top of the list if someone doesn't accept so chances are somewhat high how many places do trinity have in that course will determine how likely it is.

Msiss gives 35 students places each year. Does that leave me with a reasonably high chance?
    It was 515 last year so I can't imagine there would be much others anxiously waiting with their 550 to see if we get in (it's 555 atm). Surely I'll be top of the pile should anyone decline it?

I got offered cork so now I'll have to go and sort out accommodation down there all the while hoping I get trinity in the second round. This is a disaster!

Advertisement