Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2015*** Link to R1 points in the OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    In due time... :P

hehehehe :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Did anyone who got accepted into UCD get any confirmation from the college yet?

Blue giant wrote: »

you wont get that till next week.... remember there is 60000 students the cao has to sort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

I don't think I heard from NUIG until the 21st last year, offers were out the 18th :P

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

Blue giant wrote: »

I got an email from the Science dept in my spam folder. Was just a general congratulatory one with links to timetables and stuff that are up on the myucd website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Synnora

Anyone get physics in NUIG?

I deferred from last year so I knew I had my place already but just curious to see who will be joining me this year.

Synnora wrote: »
    Anyone get physics in NUIG?

I deferred from last year so I knew I had my place already but just curious to see who will be joining me this year.

:(

I got it but I'd be changing course, so I can't accept it as I can't afford to do another first year :(

Fiona G wrote: »
    I got an email from the Science dept in my spam folder. Was just a general congratulatory one with links to timetables and stuff that are up on the myucd website.

just checked mine. mine was in spam

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Anyone hear going to the hear orientation in NUIG?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 biosci

I am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

I don't think you can apply for DARE/HEAR if you're not doing the leaving that year, not 100% sure though.

Nope you can! I did my leaving cert last year, took a year out and applied for DARE this year and was accepted :)

If it's the same as the DARE orientation day, I am :P

biosci wrote: »
    I am!

Might see you there :) do you know what we have to bring and where we are staying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Benm123

Can anyone here help me out with your opinions?

My first choice MSISS in Trinity went from 515 up to 555 this morning.

I got 550...

They take on 35 students each year.

How likely am I to be offered a place on second round offers? I know I'll have to wait until next Thursday to know for sure but it's a long wait so I'd like to prepare myself !

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

I got my second choice but think I might get my first choice after appeals, if I accept this course and start doing it and then find out I actually got enough points for my first choice what happens then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 biosci

Might see you there :) do you know what we have to bring and where we are staying ?

Just a rucksack and a tenner apparently :) And we'll be staying in Corrib Village but idk if I'll stay over because I live in Galway but we'll see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

I know I'm late to the party but I got my first choice, Engineering Undenominated in NUIG! Do we have to go to every event during Orientation week? And when is everyone booking into Corrib?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

I know I'm late to the party but I got my first choice, Engineering Undenominated in NUIG! Do we have to go to every event during Orientation week? And when is everyone booking into Corrib?

Corrib opens on the 29th I think, I'll probably be going in that day since I don't want to be the last in my apartment haha.

theRB wrote: »
    I got my second choice but think I might get my first choice after appeals, if I accept this course and start doing it and then find out I actually got enough points for my first choice what happens then?

You get an offer, and you can move to your 1st choice or you can stay in your 2nd (iirc) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    You get an offer, and you can move to your 1st choice or you can stay in your 2nd (iirc) :P

This, however it's unlikely that the college will allow you to start a month or so into the year (I know TCD usually don't like people starting so late as it's hard to catch up), so you'll probably have to sit out until next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

If it's the same as the DARE orientation day, I am :P

When is the DARE orientation? :confused: I haven't got an email or anything..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Benm123 wrote: »
    Can anyone here help me out with your opinions?

My first choice MSISS in Trinity went from 515 up to 555 this morning.

I got 550...

They take on 35 students each year.

How likely am I to be offered a place on second round offers? I know I'll have to wait until next Thursday to know for sure but it's a long wait so I'd like to prepare myself !

Honestly, it is pot luck. The chances of someone deferring a year are small, but you just never know.

Afaik if you accept a lower preference course, and a higher one subsequently becomes available you can move in, so I'd suggest accepting your offer. 5 points is an absolute sickener; I know I wouldn't have been accepted into my course had I been born a year later, so I'm incredibly lucky but that's the way the points race has gone this year.

When is the DARE orientation? :confused: I haven't got an email or anything..

No idea. I got an email from TCD with the information on theirs a week or two ago but I'd say we'll hear from them within the next few days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

No idea. I got an email from TCD with the information on theirs a week or two ago but I'd say we'll hear from them within the next few days :)

Oh good, I was worried I forgot to register with them :pac:

biosci wrote: »
    Just a rucksack and a tenner apparently :) And we'll be staying in Corrib Village but idk if I'll stay over because I live in Galway but we'll see :D

Really nervous about it but it should be good craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gemmaff

gracew wrote: »
    I got first choice, biological and biomedical science maynooth has been accepted!

Same :D got into the same course !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 GaryL0904

EaSwe wrote: »
    I got my Trinity ID last week in an email. Apparently they were "preassigned".
    Be sure to check your junk/spam though because mine ended up there. I can log in to my.tcd.ie but they havent received my acceptance yet..
    Ah cheers, they were in my junk mail. Also had a two other important ones for the DARE hiding in there too so thanks for telling me!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

Anybody gotten and email from NUIG yet? Thought it would have arrived by now.

• Advertisement

Grey Wind wrote: »
    Anybody gotten and email from NUIG yet? Thought it would have arrived by now.

Last year I didn't get one for three days.

Advertisement