Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2015*** Link to R1 points in the OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 biosci

I didn't get mine approved until Decemeber last year after applying in June. I applied in ay this year, and got it two weeks ago.

Oh ****. There's absolutely no way on this earth I can pay the 4k. Have you heard of anyone else getting it yet? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Broseph

biosci wrote: »
    Oh ****. There's absolutely no way on this earth I can pay the 4k. Have you heard of anyone else getting it yet? :/

I think if you contact the college and explain your situation they'll understand because a lot of people registering for SUSI grants will be in the same boat and that's the whole point of the SUSI grant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

biosci wrote: »

I know loads of people who got it before we started college. I just had to pay 1/4 of my fees as a deposit last year, and once my grant was approved, i got a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 biosci

Broseph wrote: »
    I think if you contact the college and explain your situation they'll understand because a lot of people registering for SUSI grants will be in the same boat and that's the whole point of the SUSI grant!

I was provisionally awarded the grant in mid July but have had no word back since. If I don't hear anything in the next few days I'll definitely talk to the Fees office in the college.
    Thanks a million :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 QwertyT

Anyone doing Arts in NUIG pick their subjects when registering or are people waiting until after orientation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

i
    QwertyT wrote: »
    Anyone doing Arts in NUIG pick their subjects when registering or are people waiting until after orientation?

I picked mine already mainly because I knew what subjects I wanted from the start. What subjects you thinking of doing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 QwertyT

i

I picked mine already mainly because I knew what subjects I wanted from the start. What subjects you thinking of doing :P

I'm fairly certain on Soc&Pol and Legal Studies but I'm stuck on the 3rd one, kind of leaning towards English! What about you? :P

QwertyT wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain on Soc&Pol and Legal Studies but I'm stuck on the 3rd one, kind of leaning towards English! What about you? :P

Ill be doing soc&pol aswell :D also picked spanish and economics :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

Ill be doing soc&pol aswell :D also picked spanish and economics :P

Good luck with economies, Its a pain in the ass lol haha:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

we are provisionally awarded the last while too and now its provisially awarded, cao details received and queued for final assessment
    there is no way I can afford to pay fees so what will happen??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭quirkista

I applied for a SUSI grant but didn't get accepted. However that doesn't mean the 1665 euro first instalment at the same time isn't a big ask and so I did a lot of research on the UCC website and found a payment plan which would allow for smaller but more regular payments. I sent an email to the Fees Office and they confirmed it is acceptable for me to do so. I scanned the completed form and emailed it back. I am waiting for confirmation now. Should I continue to do so or commence payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Relax biosci, there's loads of students in your position, myself included. If you're under the income thresholds you'll get the grant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

nickys wrote: »
    we are provisionally awarded the last while too and now its provisially awarded, cao details received and queued for final assessment
    there is no way I can afford to pay fees so what will happen??

Just take you're letter from Susi with you on registration day & the college will wait for Susi to pay them .

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mariecxx

I'm doing business in DCU. Soo excited but I'll be 21 after dropping out of a course I absolutely hated. Gonna feel like a granny during freshers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mariecxx

I'm doing business in DCU. Soo excited but I'll be 21 after dropping out of a course I absolutely hated. Gonna feel like a granny during freshers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Lads I've got no confirmation yet if I've been let have a grant from SUSI. Last thing I got was them asking for some personal information but if I had already opted in to apply to SUSI in the CAO form (which I did) I didn't need to send them anything. Haven't got word since. I meet the criteria, and I did start sending them off info straight away once the thing opened. Should I be worried atm that I haven't got any confirmation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

I didn't hear anything from SUSI until like October last year, they wanted me to send documents and then I got my first grant payment in December. Calm down and have a bit of patience :P :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

mariecxx wrote: »

I'm 21 and starting first year again. You'll be fine, all ages will be in first year, 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

mariecxx wrote: »

I was 21 when I started in DCU and was surprised at the amount of people older than me on the course! There'll be a wide range of ages, don't be worrying. Besides no one even asks each other what age you are in college. I was great friends with a girl for nearly 2 years before I found out she was older than me! Be grand!

The_Mac wrote: »
    Lads I've got no confirmation yet if I've been let have a grant from SUSI. Last thing I got was them asking for some personal information but if I had already opted in to apply to SUSI in the CAO form (which I did) I didn't need to send them anything. Haven't got word since. I meet the criteria, and I did start sending them off info straight away once the thing opened. Should I be worried atm that I haven't got any confirmation?

No, if you're under the threshold you'll get the grant. Nothing at all to be worried about, unless you haven't been upfront about all your income or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Em726

anyone doing new media and english in ul?

Me!!!! ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Debbielane333

Hi, I'm just wondering if anybody received an offer for primary teaching in Mary immaculate college from the hear scheme on reduced points?

anybody going to the hear orientation 2moro in nuig ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shaneos44

anybody going to the hear orientation 2moro in nuig ?

Yeah i am! Not looking forward to it one bit tho haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

How does the script viewing work? I've dropped off the form at school the day of the results, and still haven't heard back. I'd imagine they'll mail me the card with the date ticked, do they? Anyone got 'em?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ima_mokster

smartz wrote: »
    Anybody get Nanoscience in Trinity?
    At 595 i'm a bit scared i'll be out of my depth, in a class full of geniuses.
    Yeah I just scraped it with exactly 595.. It'll be odd going from being one of the smartest in your class to one of the least, in terms of academic achievement anyways haha:') but we'll be in lectures with all the general science people for the first 2 years so be grandd!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 michele101

Can anyone help me with the college fees situation? For UCC you need to complete the first part of registration online which involves paying the fees of over €1000. I'm waiting to be accepted for the grant though, so should i skip this step of the registration and just explain to the peer leaders or whoever on the day of registration part 2? Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

aquse wrote: »
    How does the script viewing work? I've dropped off the form at school the day of the results, and still haven't heard back. I'd imagine they'll mail me the card with the date ticked, do they? Anyone got 'em?

It's normally a teacher in the school who organises it. Teachers aren't back until next week so I doubt you will hear about it for a few days yet.

Realistically it's cutting it fine this year with the viewing on Friday/Saturday of next week but a lot of schools not open again until Thursday. Give them a ring on Thursday if you haven't heard back.

michele101 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with the college fees situation? For UCC you need to complete the first part of registration online which involves paying the fees of over €1000. I'm waiting to be accepted for the grant though, so should i skip this step of the registration and just explain to the peer leaders or whoever on the day of registration part 2? Thanks :)

All you have to pay is the capitation fee. I did my orientation there last year and hadn't been accepted for my grant yet and no one even asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Yeah I just scraped it with exactly 595.. It'll be odd going from being one of the smartest in your class to one of the least, in terms of academic achievement anyways haha:') but we'll be in lectures with all the general science people for the first 2 years so be grandd!

Honestly, when the top score possible is 625, it means a maximum of 30 points covers the whole class. Everyone in the course probably got at least 5/6As. At that level there isn't going to be much difference between you all.

Advertisement