Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2015*** Link to R1 points in the OP

1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

The amount of points a course is doesn't necessarily reflect its difficulty.
    Everyone is similar going into high points courses regard the leaving cert. The lc isn't a test of intelligence though and this can show in college results.
    However the same standard bell curve applies. Within each course you will have high and low scores too and most people will score around average.

Just do your best and don't worry about other people would be my advice.

If you think everyone in high points courses scores extremely high then you are mistaken. It's hard to compare college to the lc anyways. Some people can apply themselves way better at 3rd level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mischief managed

Troxck wrote: »
    My friend missed out on his course by 5 points, absolutely gutted for him! :(

Same thing happened to me for my course, I know Ill be offered it in round 2 definitely but round 2 is so late!! Ive already paid for accommodation and the likes for round 1 offer so no changing now! </3

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭6thyearlife

Same thing happened to me for my course, I know Ill be offered it in round 2 definitely but round 2 is so late!! Ive already paid for accommodation and the likes for round 1 offer so no changing now! </3

Just wondering how you are so sure you will get it in 2nd Round?? - Not that many courses go to a second round at all.
    Best of Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Benm123 wrote: »
    Msiss in trinity went up by a whopping 40 points... What even? I was 35 points clear and was sure I got it and now they throw this at me...

40 points increase?? I really can't get over it. What are the chances of me getting in on 2nd round offers if I've fallen 5 points short of the first round min points?

That really sucks, I think you have fallen victim to the fact that there are a lot more candidates doing honours maths and those candidates not all going into engineering, pure maths etc.

Did you get a place on the later offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 emmacrow

Anybody going to be living in Fullers Lodge? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 anonyy

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the process of viewing your papers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

anonyy wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the process of viewing your papers?

Send off form.
    Turn up at school at stipulated time.
    School will have your scripts and copies of the marking schemes.
    If you want to appeal then the school will give you a form to fill.
    Not much to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Benm123

dixiefly wrote: »
    That really sucks, I think you have fallen victim to the fact that there are a lot more candidates doing honours maths and those candidates not all going into engineering, pure maths etc.

Did you get a place on the later offers?

I sit here, yet again disappointed with not receiving an offer (2nd round just opened 45mins ago).
    I've applied to view my top 6 scripts; 2 of which are A2's so I'm hopeful they may go up to A1's. Although with no reduction in points in the second round offer I'm not sure the course will allow me in until next year maybe?

Anyway, I've accepted a similar course in Cork. Although the points are far lower (445), I'm still looking forward to it.

Here's to the crappy points system ay!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 papaoutai

Question for a friend. He was 5 points short of his first offer for Bees in UCC and was hoping for a second round offer. I understand R2 offers are never guaranteed but is it certain now that he wont get one because it's nearly 10am and they were released at 6am? He applied for courses in the late applications available to previous college students, meaning he doesn't log on to cao he must wait for an email/letter. Just wondering if anyone knows about this?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

anyone know where we can find the points for the round two offers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mischief managed

Just wondering how you are so sure you will get it in 2nd Round?? - Not that many courses go to a second round at all.
    Best of Luck

Suppose it was just a feeling, I was only 5 points off and the course had come down 5 points every year for the last 5 years
    Sure enough I was offered it! Too bad </3

Suppose it was just a feeling, I was only 5 points off and the course had come down 5 points every year for the last 5 years
    Sure enough I was offered it! Too bad </3

well my brothers just offered a place on the course he wanted. it came down 25 points

• Registered Users Posts: 19 anonyy

well my brothers just offered a place on the course he wanted. it came down 25 points
    25? :O what course if you don't mind me asking?

anonyy wrote: »
    25? :O what course if you don't mind me asking?

Agricultural in wit

Advertisement