Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2015*** Link to R1 points in the OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    Do you not have to do four? I'm not doing Arts but I thought the people I know doing Arts did four subjects in first year? :o

They got rid of 4 this year, so now you can only do 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

I'm after reading through NUIG's student guide just to distract myself and... I just want to go now :')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Papers dont come in till 4ish in most shops to be honest...everyone get some rest
    aand stop panicking:)

The only reason I'm still up is that I went out last night and was only getting up around 12/1 today. I fully intend on going to sleep and getting my mam to wake me up on her way to work.

I'm after reading through NUIG's student guide just to distract myself and... I just want to go now :')

Oh yeah, it's bloody great. I mean they host a Harry Potter convention every year (that I haven't gone to of course, I'm far too old for that....>.>).
    And ya know, culture and all that craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

the amount of us doing arts in nuig not knowing each other. We could all be in the same class and not know it :o

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Oh yeah, it's bloody great. I mean they host a Harry Potter convention every year (that I haven't gone to of course, I'm far too old for that....>.>).

If I hear one more person tell me Galway is a great city I will actually crack haha
    You are never too old for Harry Potter ;)

You forgot to mention the alcohol. I've heard the buckfast tastes great in Galway :p

Blue giant wrote: »
    You forgot to mention the alcohol. I've heard the buckfast tastes great in Galway :p

Don't forgot climbing the pole outside Supermac's

#Summer2k15Memories
    :pac:

Heard a lot about that too! Are they all alcos up there or what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

the amount of us doing arts in nuig not knowing each other. We could all be in the same class and not know it :o

Class sizes are huuuuuge, like even during my last lectures I was seeing new faces :eek::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

My mission is to find the best kebab in Galway City :)

And by God I will find it.

Wait a second now, is there a definite person who is going out to get the paper?

I could go but I'd have to get my bike out of the shed and it looks cold out :o

Heard a lot about that too! Are they all alcos up there or what?

More like student living away from parents for the first time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rebecca1472

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    Class sizes are huuuuuge, like even during my last lectures I was seeing new faces :eek::o

Thought of class sizes being huge scares the crap out've me, will probably make -2 friends lol.

My mission is to find the best kebab in Galway City :)

And by God I will find it.

Supermacs will do me no bother. Where's everyone staying in Galway by the way?

Wait a second now, is there a definite person who is going out to get the paper?

I could go but I'd have to get my bike out of the shed and it looks cold out :o

One of my mates owns a newsagents but he's on the sauce, I'm trying to see will he spin down for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Corrib :pac:

More like student living away from parents for the first time ;)

Buckfast for breakfast :P If any of ye out in Galway next year see someone yelling about constellations and tequila... It'll probably be me...

Amhra House for me! Woman's in Dunaras so the effort of that walk :(

• Advertisement

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    Corrib :pac:

Same, all paid up thank God!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rebecca1472

Went and found a house with some friends in 2nd year with the idea points in MDI wouldn't come down so I'd be going to NUIG. So found a house in the housing estate across from Menlo. Forget the name of it.

Salthill- the aforementioned heavy bike will get dragged down a flight of stairs by my sorry ass every morning for the next 4 years*- fun.

*Technically three as I'll be in Germany for 3rd year, t'will be fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guitargirl

Jijsaw wrote:

I am. At about 3:30 should have it before 4

guitargirl wrote: »
    I am. At about 3:30 should have it before 4

Good on ya, you should post all of the NUIG points first just so 3/4 of the forum can calm down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Centrepoint. Location seems a bit of a balls but the apartments looks good.

Amhra House for me! Woman's in Dunaras so the effort of that walk :(

I'll be staying there. I'll keep her warm for you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Same, all paid up thank God!

Same, they have the payment deadline extremely close to the offers though which would be a problem for a lot of people! Like if someone isn't sure that they are going to galway but get an offer, they have 2 days to get the money to Corrib!

If anything on previous threads are something to go by, this year and Corrib should be interesting :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Thought of class sizes being huge scares the crap out've me, will probably make -2 friends lol.

Ah well labs and tutorials are wayyyy smaller, so it's way easier to make friends in those :):D

• Advertisement

Good on ya, you should post all of the NUIG points first just so 3/4 of the forum can calm down!

I'm nearly worried now that I'll get my first choice. I think I want my second choice more.

Advertisement