Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2015*** Link to R1 points in the OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Troxck wrote: »
    There's an embargo on the online edition of the Irish Times. €2.50 down the drain haha

I have a screenshot but my phone won't let met paste the imgur link!

Ah Jaysus :pac: Are all the articles about the trends and whatnot blocked so? Shower of next Tuesdays...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Gryffindor

theo1212 wrote: »
    I'm in trinity, transferring courses back to first year, hence why I'm here, and it's absolutely class for both. UCD I think may have better sports facilities, but our gym is probably just as good apart from the pool, but social wise you're much better off in trinners just because of how close it is town and the societies are great

I've heard the people are really cliquey? Any truth to it at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

The smart people from the CAO have caught on- bastids! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jacobwrench97

Hi I would really love some help.

I got 530 in the leaving cert and I'm applying for med. However, I didn't do well in the lc.
    Should I just repeat the HPAT, or would that be too much of a risk and I should repeat both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

http://imgur.com/ll7hxW9

Here is the embargo screenshot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Broseph

Hi I would really love some help.

I got 530 in the leaving cert and I'm applying for med. However, I didn't do well in the lc.
    Should I just repeat the HPAT, or would that be too much of a risk and I should repeat both?

In my opinion definitely both. 530 points will almost never be enough to get med unless your HPAT is in the top few percent. So you might as well repeat both and get higher points aswel. Also your motivation for the HPAT would decrease as the year went on without school to focus on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 theo1212

Gryffindor wrote: »
    I've heard the people are really cliquey? Any truth to it at all?

Not in my experience, as in if you make an effort to go to things, people will talk to you and want to get to know you. Most of the bigger societies specifically make an effort to talk to freshers and new people, and people in general are just very friendly when you get talking to them.

What course are you thinking of doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Troxck wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/ll7hxW9

Here is the embargo screenshot

Oh my god :o There is surely someone at the CAO who was lurking on boards last year when ye were getting info from the articles :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Oh my god :o There is surely someone at the CAO who was lurking on boards last year when ye were getting info from the articles :P

I bought it last year for my friends like!

I tried in real life and online, it's not looking good for me.

Sorry guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jacobwrench97

Broseph wrote: »
    In my opinion definitely both. 530 points will almost never be enough to get med unless your HPAT is in the top few percent. So you might as well repeat both and get higher points aswel. Also your motivation for the HPAT would decrease as the year went on without school to focus on with it.

Thank you so much! The med forum was practically inactive. So if I get an offer for biomed, I shouldn't accept it, unless I'm willing to do graduate entry med?

• Advertisement

Oh yeah they lurk around here, (hello CAO person). That's why you should never say you cheated/copied your project on here. It makes sense obviously but there are some thick people who'd do it (both actually cheat/copy and post it online).

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

anyone able to get hold of tomorrows paper ? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guitargirl

Oh my god There is surely someone at the CAO who was lurking on boards last year when ye were getting info from the articles

Well if they have there's nothing they can do about the actual newspaper. The most they can do is request any post with the points being taken down

Not in my experience, as in if you make an effort to go to things, people will talk to you and want to get to know you. Most of the bigger societies specifically make an effort to talk to freshers and new people, and people in general are just very friendly when you get talking to them.

Good, good so. I'm really hoping to get the Halls mainly to get to know people. I've science down. You?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

Peregrine wrote: »
    Guys...off topic thread for Game of Thrones/ASOIAF, 1984, female genitalia etc. :P

It's really good. I love it :) Which course are you looking at in DCU?
    That's good to hear! Business studies ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Hyperboi_G

Surprised not to have seen anybody claiming to know the points for courses they are usually lurking about around this time

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

Give a few examples of societies? Just find the concept of them a bit pretentious but will be open minded come freshers

Hyperboi_G wrote: »
    Surprised not to have seen anybody claiming to know the points for courses they are usually lurking about around this time

Jam making confirmed as 615. Happy now :pac:

Thank you so much! The med forum was practically inactive. So if I get an offer for biomed, I shouldn't accept it, unless I'm willing to do graduate entry med?

Exactly. Unless you want to do Biomed. But if you're not willing to go the Biomed route then repeat the leaving cert and HPAT

Good, good so. I'm really hoping to get the Halls mainly to get to know people. I've science down. You?

Halls is class, if you're in to the social side of things halls is the place.

Hopefully switching to engineering from theoretical physics.

• Advertisement

Halls is class, if you're in to the social side of things halls is the place.

Hopefully switching to engineering from theoretical physics.

I've got engineering down as my first in UCC and physics second. Why did you decide to change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Jam making confirmed as 615. Happy now :pac:

In Sligo?

Paddyg96 wrote: »
    Give a few examples of societies? Just find the concept of them a bit pretentious but will be open minded come freshers

You'll be open minded about societies if you go to Trinity?

The Phil, Law soc, Snowsports, Horseracing all great societies filled with great people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

Just been to the 24 hour, they not selling the paper until 6 am but it has arrived :( what a twat

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

Just been to the 24 hour, they not selling the paper until 6 am but it has arrived :( what a twat

You know what to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

Kill him.

Break open their storage unit. It's the only option.

Ah Jesus, could you not have sliped them a tenner- sure it's not like the CAO know who you are/could have withdrawn your offer :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 Forart14

Why wouldn't they sell you the paper until that hour? Have someone else go into the shop for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

ill pay your bail ;)

Advertisement