Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drone rescue

• 16-08-2015 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi Lads and Ladies, wasnt sure where to post this but this forum anything seems to go so i'll park it here and mods can move if needs be.

I recently helped my friend retrieve his drone from the roof an abdandoned council storage shed. The sheds roof was rotten with sections having already fallen in, so ladders where out of the question. I found the drone and amputated a few clothes hangers to make hooks and attahced via fishing line , and up she went. Here's the video if you want to have a look, cheers :-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I bought myself a new pair of laces for my boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Look at you, ya fancy bastard with your improvisation. What's goin' on, ya think you're better than us? Huh, huh?!

Why didn't you just put some rope around your shoe and throw it onto the roof and drag the drone down.

Posh bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Nice to see you got your remote control toy.
    Tomorrow, see how paint dries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Good vid - mind you I am a bit wasted ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How much does one of those drones cost, and are they difficult to fly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Class Video

Missed a sitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Oh boys and their toys!

Those drones are a bloody nuisance and an invasion of privacy. They should all be shot out of the sky on sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

First good homemade material in AH from a poster in 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Next time on macgyver!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That was actually pretty cool.

syklops wrote: »
    OP, it would have been cooler, if you had rescued the first drone with a second drone.

That would have been really cool.

Didn't he????

Didn't he????

I didn't watch the video. Post edited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

What do ye use the drones for besides creeping on women getting dressed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Nice vid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Watching them get undressed, silly!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pilatus

This thing can fly up to 3.5 miles out and beam the video back to you at 720p while recording it at up to 4k quality video, has sonar built in under the body so it will not collide with the ground if its autolanding, has gps should you lose connection it will fly itself back to you. These exact units are used by the discovery channel to record documentaries. Toys they are not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

For rescuing stuck drones, of course.

What you can use them for other things too?

pilatus wrote: »
    This thing can fly up to 3.5 miles out and beam the video back to you at 720p while recording it at up to 4k quality video, has sonar built in under the body so it will not collide with the ground if its autolanding, has gps should you lose connection it will fly itself back to you. These exact units are used by the discovery channel to record documentaries. Toys they are not

OK. How much? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Watching this vid has inspired me to build a drone for missions to intercept and sabotage a drone that is in the process of rescuing another drone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Still got stuck on a shed and needed a coat hanger to rescue it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I just am completely dumb to the whole thing and would love to know what the average Joe would use them for. A friend of mine uses them in a photography based business and it seems very cool and unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pilatus

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Still got stuck on a shed and needed a coat hanger to rescue it!

The drone that landed on the roof was a previous generation model , my new drone is the one with spec as i mentioned. Admit ye would all love to be messing about with them :-)

The drone that landed on the roof was a previous generation model , my new drone is the one with spec as i mentioned. Admit ye would all love to be messing about with them :-)

Sure - how much?

And then maybe where do we get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I have mine kitted out for low level robberies and burglary.

Amazing how it got stranded on a roof so.

Still, come on, big boy toys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

I brought my drone to play around with on my holidays to Pakistan last year.
    The authorities threw a complete wobbler! Weirdos.

I just am completely dumb to the whole thing and would love to know what the average Joe would use them for. A friend of mine uses them in a photography based business and it seems very cool and unique.

Hardly unique. There are 3 professional outfits in our medium sized town alone.

They're pests.

• Advertisement

They have other uses?!? :eek:

Advertisement