Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drone rescue

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

pilatus wrote: »
    . Admit ye would all love to be messing about with them :-)

Nae. Lost interest on stuff like that after secondary school. Along with skate boards and such.

Do boys stay children longer these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,427 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I just am completely dumb to the whole thing and would love to know what the average Joe would use them for. A friend of mine uses them in a photography based business and it seems very cool and unique.

My thoughts as well. Amusing for an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

kneemos wrote: »
    Nice to see you got your remote control toy.
    Tomorrow, see how paint dries.
    I bought myself a new pair of laces for my boots.

Christ, some people are just miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nae. Lost interest on stuff like that after secondary school. Along with skate boards and such.

Hey now, your a big angling fan

Some might see flying drones as a better waste of time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Cmon, everyone has different interests. I'm sure some of your interests are boring and pointless to some people. I would imagine some of mine are too.

No need to keep insisting he must be a child for having one.

• Advertisement

Cmon, everyone has different interests. I'm sure some of your interests are boring and pointless to some people. I would imagine some of mine are too.

No need to keep insisting he must be a child for having one.

Tomato Tomahto....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Tomato Tomahto....

Exactly my point!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Can you grow tomatoes with them ??

eamonnq wrote: »

There's nothing they can't do. Apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

eamonnq wrote: »

Afraid not.

But if you have a tomato. And it gets stuck on the dilapidated, rusty roof of an old shed. You can combine your drone with amputated hangers to retrieve your tomato.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pilatus

Each to their own, I put up the video because it might have been of interest to some people and it clearly has. If it's not for you that's fine but don't be insulting people because of their hobby, it's the same as an a$$hole everyone has one. Anyway , I'm away to troll some threads myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Anyway they I'm away to troll some threads myself.

Maybe try the fishing forum :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Each to their own, I put up the video because it might have been of interest to some people and it clearly has. If it's not for you that's fine but don't be insulting people because of their hobby

I'm going to take my ball Drone and go home.

, it's the same as an a$$hole everyone has one.

http://www.colostomyassociation.org.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

What do ye use the drones for besides creeping on women getting dressed?

Does it really need another use? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

This rescue was more dramatic :P

Why so? He flew higher, the drone i lifted weighs about 5 times as much so I didnt fly higher not wanting to push it too much, apart from the music the videos are pretty much the same idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Why so? He flew higher, the drone i lifted weighs about 5 times as much so I didnt fly higher not wanting to push it too much, apart from the music the videos are pretty much the same idea.

Are they both not DJIs?

And yeah, the music & height added to the tension, that's what I was getting at.

Edit: Nevermind I see it's a Syma X5C, both are impressive videos though.

Yea and the music on mine is royalty free just incase the video took off(I dont pardon the pun) I didnt want to get sued :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Yea and the music on mine is royalty free just incase the video took off(I dont pardon the pun) I didnt want to get sued :-)

how much did your drone cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Taco Corp wrote: »
    how much did your drone cost?

He didn't pay for it, he used the drone that later got stuck on the roof to 'rescue' it from the drone shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Magnate wrote: »
    This rescue was more dramatic :P

I'll see your drone rescue, and raise you a helicopter RC recovery:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Seriously? Extremely petty. Looking down on someone because of their interests shows just sad you come across.

I'm sure some of your interests are as dull as dishwater to other people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Its this type of kind behaviour towards drones that we need to see more of if we are to convince Skynet that humans actually aren't a threat.

It will be interesting to see how drone legislation evolves with them becoming more accessible. I expected a Healy-Eames panic rant any day now..."draped, its when you are raped by a drone on facebook"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

http://www.symatoys.com/product/show/1901.html

Would that be the type to get ?

100 mins charging time, for 7 minutes of flight ? Do you buy extra batteries for them as well ?

petes wrote: »
    Seriously? Extremely petty. Looking down on someone because of their interests shows just sad you come across.

I'm sure some of your interests are as dull as dishwater to other people!

My main concern is how they buzz over the garden filming as they go. Petty? To me they are the petty ones getting a kick from this. I'm also sure my hobbies would bore them to tears but I don't inflict them on the drone flyers or impact on them at all.

They are the ones looking down on people. ;)

I understand your concerns regarding drones, but it's the same as anything it takes one ejit to ruin a hobby for everyone. The point of privacy is a bottomless pit, phones, cctv, telescopic lenses, dash cams, privacy is no more. I don't see anyone getting excited about these people invading privacy, but they do with a drone, it's a buzz word and people associate them with Uav's you see on the news. People will have their own ideas and it doesn't matter what some say.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Another entirely innocent use for Drones :)

http://www.thejournal.ie/take-a-break-superman-2297586-Aug2015/

Off to see what toys the kids have left laying around.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

What do ye use the drones for besides creeping on women getting dressed?
    Importing drugs into Mountjoy/Wheatfield ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Man I'd love a drone, looks cool as ****. Whats the laws regarding flying them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Pedantic I know but why are they called drones anyway, doesn't that imply that they fly autonomously? I am aware that many of them have a return home feature but that's not how they are primarily used. They're quad copters really aren't they? To me, drones are the unmanned airplanes that are used as war machines.

Advertisement