Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for Take Away in D15 - a suggestion list

Options
  • 16-08-2015 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know about you but I am always thinking of things to try on take out night :) Or to eat in

I thought a list might be useful! Post your suggestions here!

Chipper - Clonsilla Village
    Italian - Clonsilla village (can't remember their names)
    Indian - Shimla in Clonsilla village (nyom!)

Towncentre:
    Nandos
    Milanos
    Eddie Rocketts

Will deliver
    Pizza - Dominos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Chinese - Host in Clonsilla Village

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

amdublin wrote: »
    Chipper - Clonsilla Village - Romayos
    Italian - Clonsilla village (can't remember their names) - Ravellos

Both also deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thai - Diep in Blanchardstown village. Not cheap but I usually get at least two dinners out of a portion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Chipper - Darios in Coolmine or Romayo's (the Macari one) in Blanchardstown Village
    Indian - haven't food a very good one yet
    Chinese - depending on the dish... here's my list

Host - Beef schezuan, beef curry
    Hung Wun - House special black pepper sauce
    Foo Lok - Salt and chilli chicken

Pizza - Yummy Pizza in Mulhuddart.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Indian - Shimla in Clonsilla village

That's Spice of India now I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Thai Garden - Blanch Village

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Gourmet pizza factory for posh pizza (they also deliver booze :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

athtrasna wrote: »
    Thai - Diep in Blanchardstown village. Not cheap but I usually get at least two dinners out of a portion.

I love Diep. They do lunch on Thursday and Friday and while the menu is smaller than their regular menu, you can get full sized meals much cheaper. It's collection only and obviously only suits people who are in the area at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Ming court delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

That's Spice of India now I think.

Yep and they include rice with the take away order

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Bombay Pantry, Rathborne. They deliver too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Gaspode wrote: »
    Bombay Pantry, Rathborne. They deliver too.

Last time I tried, their delivery area was pretty limited in D15. For example they delivered to parts of Carpenterstown but not at all to Tyrrelstown, despite Tyrrelstown being quicker and easier to get to via Cappagh.

Edit, their delivery area is ****ter than I thought, click on the map and you'll see how poor it is, it's only goes as far as Coolmine Station. The lines drawn seem pretty arbitrary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Didnt realise that. It's a short walk for me so never had to use the delivery.

Yeah, it's a shame as they're missing out on a pretty big market, and I'd order regularly if they delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Last time I tried, their delivery area was pretty limited in D15. For example they delivered to parts of Carpenterstown but not at all to Tyrrelstown, despite Tyrrelstown being quicker and easier to get to via Cappagh.

Edit, their delivery area is ****ter than I thought, click on the map and you'll see how poor it is, it's only goes as far as Coolmine Station. The lines drawn seem pretty arbitrary.

I live in Castleknock village. One Sunday evening I ordered some food from Bombay Pantry Rathborne and an hour later there was no sign of it. I called them and was told "the delivery driver is just leaving now." 90 minutes later, still no sign so I rang again. I could hear the woman who answered the phone shouting to someone, "she's ringing to see where her order is!" Again I was told the delivery driver was leaving now. After almost 2 hours waiting, I ended up calling them back to cancel it and ordered Millennium (Chinese) in Castleknock village instead. As we were sitting down to the Chinese, Bombay Pantry showed up at the door.

So it seems it doesn't matter if you live near or far, delivery is not their forte.

Lol, I don't think it is. When I first rang and asked if they delivered to my place she said hang on a sec, and I heard her ask around in the background. Most of the replies were of the "Where is that?" variety until I heard one guy make an executive decision and told her No. I thought they just said No because they didn't know where I was until I checked the map on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I got Camilles last week. I thought their green curry was better than diep - it was hot/kick.

Yeah, their stuff is very nice and fresh. Tried to order from Mao yesterday evening but they said my address was not valid for delivery.

They use the exact sameonline system as Diep, who are incidentally doing a free starter for orders over €25 until Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I got Camilles last week. I thought their green curry was better than diep - it was hot/kick.

I got their teriyaki salmon and himself got a chicken, chilli & cashew nuts thing - both delicious, and the salmon is one of their 6 under 600 cals; very healthy with brown rice. The chicken was nicely spicy. Big portions too, I got lunch the following day out of mine. I'll be a regular customer.

Edited to add - when he was ordering, he wanted a starter - they do a couples offer of one starter and two mains for €25. Got panko coated prawns, very nice too.

Advertisement