Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned: 475

Options
  • 16-08-2015 6:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

I was banned for responding to a query in a thread.

A question was asked in post#1. Have they stopped doing it?
    I responded by stating No.
    This was the correct response to the question posed.

In the ban missive, the moderator referred to "moderator's instructions" & "moderator warning in the thread". None of the those were present in the thread.
    Upon appeal, the moderator chose not to address the above. Instead, referred to previous infractions stating that "grief being caused" and that I'm supposed to be "contributing better".

In my view, the ban is completely unwarranted.

Snu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hi snubbleste,
    I will look into this over the next few days when I have a chance. Meanwhile, can you confirm that you have PMed the mod to discuss the ban and if you haven't, please do so.

Liz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The correct process has been followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hi snubbleste,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

To date in the Galway City forum you currently have:
    9 warnings
    4 infractions
    and now 3 bans

This is an absolutely awful record to have in a forum and having looked into your mod actions, they are nearly all for unhelpful posting. You were clearly warned (through a warning you received on 11/5/2015) that continued unhelpful would result in a longer ban. You subsequently received 2 more warnings before receiving your current ban.

Frankly, I'm surprised the mods didn't ban you sooner as you clearly have not learned from any of your previous warnings/infractions. I would suggest you strongly reconsider your posting style when you return to the Galway City forum or you may lose your posting privileges there permanently.

Ban upheld, you may appeal to Admin if you wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The reply is noted.
    I seek to appeal to Admin.

Clarify how the following is unhelpful
    A question was asked in post#1. Have they stopped doing it?
    I responded by stating No.
    This was the correct response to the question posed.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Galway forum mods have been extremely patient with you. They've given you chance after chance, each time telling you that you need to change your style of posting and you completely ignore them. I've seen it for myself in the Reported Posts forum where there's a litany of posts by you reported by other people for you constantly being rude and abrupt, to the point of low level trolling, and not just in the Galway forum. There comes a point where when asking you to play nicely with the other kids doesn't work then other action has to be taken, and that time is now. I'm not saying that you have to be best buds with everyone, but you don't have to be so wilfully rude and obnoxious to them either. All that's ultimately going to happen is that you'll walk yourself into a permaban, but maybe this will serve as a warning to you that the mods aren't prepared to accept any more of this sort of thing and you will modify your behaviour accordingly. Ban upheld.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement