Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an account as a non resident

Options
  • 16-08-2015 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I currently reside out of the country but we are planning to move back in the next 12-18 months.

With the euro so weak right now it would be great to be able to open an account with the bank and lodge money on my frequent trips to Ireland. So is it possible to open an account when living abroad?

Cheers,
    Questionmark?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi there,

I currently reside out of the country but we are planning to move back in the next 12-18 months.  

With the euro so weak right now it would be great to be able to open an account with the bank and lodge money on my frequent trips to Ireland. So is it possible to open an account when living abroad?

Cheers,
    Questionmark?
    Hi questionmark?

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

Yes it is possible to apply for a non-resident account. You can get in touch with our account opening team by calling +353 1 4044034 (select option 6 on the menu) from abroad to discuss this further.

You will need to provide photo ID and proof of address, for example a current valid passport or driving licence along with a recent household bill.

As a non-resident you will also be required to provide a character reference and financial history from your own bank.

More information for current accounts can be found here.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Hi questionmark?

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

Yes it is possible to apply for a non-resident account. You can get in touch with our account opening team by calling +353 1 4044034 (select option 6 on the menu) from abroad to discuss this further.

You will need to provide photo ID and proof of address, for example a current valid passport or driving licence along with a recent household bill.

As a non-resident you will also be required to provide a character reference and financial history from your own bank.

More information for current accounts can be found here.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

Hi there, thanks for responding and confirming it can be done.

Can you just explain who can give a character reference and what you would want in it and when you say financial history from my own bank do you mean a few months bank statements?

I will call the number when I get a chance in next few days but always handy to have that info already and by putting it here it may also help someone else.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi questionmark?, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Your existing bank should be able to provide you with the character reference. Bank statements may be required as financial history to further your application. When you call, our representatives will be more than happy to provide you a more comprehensive description of your specific requirements. 

We hope this helps. 
    Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement