Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Introducing new dog to my own dog

• 16-08-2015 8:20pm

Hi guys :)

I have an older female Labrador x at home who has lived with us for 8 years. I have fostered dogs before and she gets on great with every dog she meets. I'm currently fostering a 6 year old chihuahua x jack russell lady named Sadie since Friday. Shes a very quiet placid little girl.

Today she was introduced to a friends smaller chihuahua and at first she was a bit shy but came around quickly. A few hours later I introduced her to my lab for the first time outside of the home, both on leash. Sadie immediately lunged and growled at her but my lab didn't react at all. We continued to walk at a distance and when Sadie began feeling comfortable we moved the dogs closer until they walked almost side by side. The growling stopped, but she didn't want to get too close to my lab at all during the walk. When my dog turned to face or sniff Sadie she would stop and walk in the opposite direction.

My lab is quite playful but Sadie seems very relaxed. They sleep in separate rooms and haven't met indoors yet. Any tips on what I should do with these two? Is this normal enough behaviour? I have fallen in love with Sadie and may even consider adopting, but only if my current dog gets along with her.

Advertisement