Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone is Lost/Stolen What to do

Options
  • 16-08-2015 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

On Friday after a night out I left my phone in a taxi by accident, I was using it when I got to my house and put it on the seat to take my money out and forgot to pick it back up. I noticed pretty much straight away after getting out but the taxi man drove off.

I rang it straight away and my phone was not on silent and is very loud when it rings but the taxi driver didn't answer. I must have called it about 30 times in the next few hours and no answer.

I eventually went asleep in disappointment hoping that tomorrow would bring me some luck but when I went to ring it then it was turned off.

I searched online to see if their was anything I could do to find it even though I don't have any tracking app and I found out about Android Device Manager but it said it hadn't being turned on since that night and still says the same thing.

My Wifi was on and I managed to find this using another of Google's features called Timeline:

http://s21.postimg.org/5wwnbspef/taxi.png

I got off close to St Jarlath Road so it tracked it from there and the location its showing it last at is here: http://s3.postimg.org/6biiwkzn7/taxi2.png

I'm almost 100% sure the taxi was a Silver Toyato Corolla.

My friend works as a manager for Meteor and I got him to block my IMEI and have a look to see if any calls were made but noting at all. Theirs being no activity on it other than the calls from me up until it went dead.

I rang the Garda station near Drumcondra and they said it hadn't being handed in.

What should I do in this situation? Lots of memories on that phone and it was a very expensive one (HTC One M8) and I don't have enough money to buy a new good one at the moment which I need for work.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Contact the carriage office? It's where taxis drop in lost stuff (sometimes)
    http://www.psv.ie/carriage-office.html

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

long_b wrote: »
    Contact the carriage office? It's where taxis drop in lost stuff (sometimes)
    http://www.psv.ie/carriage-office.html

Thanks I'll give it a go don't have much hope off it being handed in though if he was going to give it back he would have answered it when I rang it straight away or brought it back to the place he dropped me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

I Work in a taxi office and this is the biggest thing that's lost in taxis. problem is somebody could have got in straight away seen the phone. They pocketed straight away. You said the ringer is good and loud. All it takes is to hit volume down button and it mutes the sound when a call comes in. So if someone got in after you and done that then the driver is going to be none the wiser.

Best anti theft software is cerberus in my opinion. Because you can set it to take a pic and email it to u if they enter the wrong pin. Only thing about the software is the cost. It's about €6.50. But a good spend if it takes a pic of the thief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

My mother left her phone in the taxi and we called it immediately. We think the taxi man pocketed it, as he was being a **** for giving her change back

My friends dad is a taxi driver and he will tell you tons of taxi men pocket phones, they find in taxis. After hearing this, I would only take a Hailo or an Uber. A person will be more likely to give back your phone, if you can write a bad review about them and they arent anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

My Wifi was on and on Google it shows the last place it went and the last place it went was straight to Drumcondra it was late at night after 2am so he must have went home.

I'm going to head over on Saturday and look for his car haven't had a chance due to work.

It was 100% the taxi man who robbed it volume was on high and I rang it the second he drove off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement