Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Self Tan for men recomendations

• 16-08-2015 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hey

Maybe I should post this under anonymous :/ Anyway, I'm the whitest person ever, so I'm going to try self tanning. Are there recommendations for self tan for men? Do I need to apply it to my face as well? I think self tan would be preferable to a sun bed ,I dont want to get into all that.

Or maybe I should just leave it?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I'm a guy. No I'm pale as well but don't use self tanning products. I will try and advise as best as I can however I'm sure some of the women on here will be best equipped to advise you.

I would recommend you use a gradual tanning product on your body. This builds the tan up over time and allows you to get the look your going for without going from pale to to the fake tan look. This is how I understand it anyway but I might be wrong. I would then advise that you use a tinted moisturiser on your face to give it that slight tanned look. I know Tom Ford make a men's product called bronzing gel and lab series make a bb cream/tinted moisturiser thats sold in boots. This may work for you.

You could also try men's fashion blogs I know some of them have written on this topic. Fashionbeans.com have definitely written more than one article on it and I'm sure GQ et al will ha too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

A male friend of mine who is very pale and red haired uses Johnsons Holiday Skin - it's a gradual tanner, as recommended above. He uses it on his face too. I remember telling him to moisturise his face a couple of hours before applying the tanner to avoid getting too dark and unnatural looking, but I think his initial idea was to only use it on his face every second day.
    I'm not sure about tinted moisturiser on shaved skin, don't think it would work in terms of texture, but I'd say just experiment and you'll find something that works.
    Buy a tanning mitt or you'll end up with orange fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Dove gradual tan is very good. The light/medium shade is ideal for pale skin, just build it up to the shade you want to be. Like an earlier poster, I'd also recommend using a tanning mit to help avoid streaks & protect your hands - most pharmacies have them as well as Penneys.

Advertisement