Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert rechecks 2015

Options
  • 16-08-2015 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

anyone else hoping to go up a after rechecks in their lc exams this year? if so what subjects are you gonna appeal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

Sophie55 wrote: »
    anyone else hoping to go up a after rechecks in their lc exams this year? if so what subjects are you gonna appeal?

I'm waiting to see how offers go in the morning and then I'm going to get some rechecked. Appealing biology which I got a c1 in and Irish which I got a b3 in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sophie55

I am so nervous only 5 points over what my course was last year :( I think I'm gonna appeal maths regardless of my offers as I got a D1 in and I cannot believe it as I got 500 overall and all As and Bs otherwise. Worked so hard for it! praying they made a mistake somewhere. Im also raging even more as I know people who have been failing all along and got the same grade as me but I have been getting C1s and Bs, even high ones, I just dont understand! Think I will appeal biology too as I got a B2 and feel I deserve more. Both my teachers for maths and biology agree with me so hopefully. also got a B3 in english which Im a bit disappointed with but I dont know if I will appeal it. Also got A2s in geography and french which Im happy with but then again that 10 point difference between an A1 and A2 is tempting me to chance the recheck ! also got a B1 in business. Its so hard to decide right now as offers arent out til tomorrow and we cant view our papers til the 28th and 29th which is so bloody frustrating! Hope everyone who is appealing goes up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

Does anybody know that If when we are filling out the application to view scripts do we have to say we want to see english paper 1 and english paper 2 or do we just tick the box.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Helpmeout123

I didn't get the entry requirement I needed for my course, got 1 HC3 and I need 2HC3..got my points and even my maths requirement though..so I'm appealing a Subject that's currently on a D1 and could possibly go up to a C3 (fingers crossed).

Does anyone know if when I get back my appeal result (and hopefully if it goes up, I'm trying to stay very positive about this) will I be given a place for my wanted course which I got enough points on, and even if I accepted another course in another college earlier on, will I able to transfer to this new college.

An answer will be appreciated! And well done to everyone with their results:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I didn't get the entry requirement I needed for my course, got 1 HC3 and I need 2HC3..got my points and even my maths requirement though..so I'm appealing a Subject that's currently on a D1 and could possibly go up to a C3 (fingers crossed).

Does anyone know if when I get back my appeal result (and hopefully if it goes up, I'm trying to stay very positive about this) will I be given a place for my wanted course which I got enough points on, and even if I accepted another course in another college earlier on, will I able to transfer to this new college.

An answer will be appreciated! And well done to everyone with their results:)

Appeals come back in mid October. Assuming you get your second HL C3 the college will have to offer you the course for 2016.

You can easily ignore this afaik, good luck with the appeal! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Broseph

Are the rechecks out today? I read that they are. I'm not sure where to find them though does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Broseph wrote: »
    Are the rechecks out today? I read that they are. I'm not sure where to find them though does anyone know?

Probably a bit late telling you this, my son got his back on Friday last 9th Oct, hope you were successfully in your appeal

Advertisement