Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

custom chargers

Options
  • 17-08-2015 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here if you can calculate what customs may charge. Looking buy something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I'm going to take a wild guess that you want to buy something that's in the US and have it shipped to Ireland?

So you want to know how much Irish Customs will charge? The import duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I'm going to take a wild guess that you want to buy something that's in the US and have it shipped to Ireland?

So you want to know how much Irish Customs will charge? The import duty?

I do. Your right

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1882.html

Click on the link (about half way down) that says Revenue Guide to Importing Goods over the Post. It's a PDF document, so I can't post a direct link to it.

Don't forget that the cost of shipping/postage is added on to the value of the items. US postal charges have sky rocketed recently. My sister sent me a single magazine recently and the postage was $17. If you use a shipping company (such as UPS or FedEx) they will be even higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Yes, use www.dutycalculator.com. Input all details including delivery and insurance and it'll tell you exactly how much you'll pay (minus the admin cost of the specific courier).

Advertisement