Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-time Job

Options
  • 17-08-2015 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I'm going into 5th year (known as 4th year in some schools) and I want to get a part-time job but I am unsure whether or not I should as some people say it can cause grades to drop. Opinions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 annmarie98

I'm going into 6th year this year and the one thing I wish I did was get a job in 5th year. I won't be able to juggle everything this year so I'd advise you to get something this year. I spent a lot of time studying in 5th and although I'm glad I did, I wish I did more with my weekends. Work and make sure to save money for college/courses/post leaving cert life because right now I'm stressing over that! Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Hi I'm going into 5th year (known as 4th year in some schools) and I want to get a part-time job but I am unsure whether or not I should as some people say it can cause grades to drop. Opinions please?
    It depends on how much of a time commitment is required, but generally I think it's a good idea for young people to get proper work experience, if they can. It's easier to invest time in these things during the summer, but I don't think there's any harm in working, say, an evening per week and maybe a day at the weekend.

There's far too many kids these days emerging from school/uni who have never worked a day in their lives - a part-time job is a good grounding experience, in my opinion.

Advertisement