Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

got my second choice but not my first?

• 17-08-2015 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm in a weird situation i got offered my second choice and not my first i checked both the course and they have the same requirements my first choice was dcu and second dit dcu was 370 points and dit 380. And i even double checked to make sure dcu was the correct code. why was i not offered my second and not my first unless i missed something in the handbook or something?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Did the course have a specific entry requirement? A D3 in maths, C3 in a science etc.

Did you pass all the matriculation requirements for DCU?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cowboyy

Peregrine wrote: »
    Did the course have an entry requirement? A D3 in maths, C3 in a science etc.

only had one for math which was C3 in Ordinary Level or D3 in Higher Level Mathematics for dcu and Maths OD3 for dit. And since im a Swedish student i've followed the
    Guidelines-EU-EFTA.pdf which shows how to convert swedish grades to irish and according to this my grade in math (vg maths b) should be equivalent to HC3 or HC1 which is the requirement for dcu.

and yes from what i can see i did pass the general requirements too. i just send an email to cao so i will wait for their answer before i accept

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thedumbone

woops, not here, sorry

Advertisement