Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change just one thing about Waterford, what would it be?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Change some things with rough council estates.

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Where to start...
    Knock down jurys the other side of the river. Knock down that eye sore on the very same side
    Level the quay and all the ****ty car parks and make a board walk the full length from the bridge to the tower.
    Fine people on the street for spitting and dressing like absolute scobes

There is so much wrong with the place because of bad planning I think it will is nearly irreversible.
    It would be great if there wad massive investment in the port as an alternative to Dublin port.

Some beautiful spots in Waterford county but the city really I a kip. Waterford people are provided probably the Best craic in the country but there is a woeful undercurrent of ****ebags.

Really is crying out for big investment .questions would have to be asked why this isn't happening airport,port,college...no excuses why a multinational couldn't move in there

Yeah it really is impossible to name just one thing because theres so much wrong with the place. Theres problems with the stuff we do have e.g Airport, port, University.
    Ferrybank has to be cleaned up. Its a disgrace to to the city and the country to have this mess still there in 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I know this has been done to death on another thread so maybe I shouldn't mention it here but here goes anyway :D

Change the Quay. I like the look of it but the traffic down there is mental. After passing over it almost everyday the last few weeks I think the issue is the roundabout down by the GPO. The traffic seems to back up from both side of the Quay from that roundabout. Remove the roundabout maybe it will help maybe not......just a thought :)

obezyana wrote: »
    I know this has been done to death on another thread so maybe I shouldn't mention it here but here goes anyway :D

Change the Quay. I like the look of it but the traffic down there is mental. After passing over it almost everyday the last few weeks I think the issue is the roundabout down by the GPO. The traffic seems to back up from both side of the Quay from that roundabout. Remove the roundabout maybe it will help maybe not......just a thought :)

careful now! egg shells!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

In addition to the two roundabouts, the pedestrian lights by the Millennium Plaza and the other set by the Bust station also contribute to the delays depending on which direction you are coming from
    Could these lights be replaced by foot bridges? Or would this just be too ugly?

• Advertisement

crazyman wrote: »
    In addition to the two roundabouts, the pedestrian lights by the Millennium Plaza and the other set by the Bust station also contribute to the delays depending on which direction you are coming from

oh god, the fuse has been lite. run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

crazyman wrote: »

The lights here I find are rarely used so maybe they arent as much of an issue (that is in my opinion of course)

Foot bridges.........they wont even build one for access to Ferrybank so I can only imagine them never building anything of the likes on the Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Hijpo

The lights here I find are rarely used so maybe they arent as much of an issue (that is in my opinion of course)

Foot bridges.........they wont even build one for access to Ferrybank so I can only imagine them never building anything of the likes on the Quay.

The foot bridge across the river could be an issue with ships/large boats accessing the full extent of the river. Wasn't there an issue with building a bridge and doing away with the ferry over to the castle?

One thing?

I would like for Waterford to get a proper venue type place where comedians and bands would come and play, also I would like the people of Waterford to come out and support this venue so it could afford to stay open. The forum had some really good gigs on when it was in its prime but its only a bingo hall now I think.

One thing?

I would like for Waterford to get a proper venue type place where comedians and bands would come and play, also I would like the people of Waterford to come out and support this venue so it could afford to stay open. The forum had some really good gigs on when it was in its prime but its only a bingo hall now I think.

i use to live in hope of this at one time but i think ive come to accept it probably never will happen. even if it was built i dont think it would work here. theres just not enough regular punters to make these things work. its just too much of a risk for investors and venue owners. id say the forum have massive debts from trying. nice idea though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

deadybai wrote:
    I cant afford the mens shops we currently have such as Fitzgearlds and Tommy Hillfiger. Theres either those type of shops or cheap sh!te. Theres no in between.

Try Debenhams or evolution.

Speaking of Tk Maxx,I went there the other day looking for a jacket what I found were wrinkly clothing that came straight out of a 1980s high school drama film like the Breakfest club or ferris bueller's day off.

I left them there so I could ignite elated feelings of joy into lives of those gothic kids that embrace eachother outside the book centre on Saturdays.

Speaking of Tk Maxx,I went there the other day looking for a jacket what I found were wrinkly clothing that came straight out of a 1980s high school drama film like the Breakfest club or ferris bueller's day off.

I left them there so I could ignite elated feelings of joy into lives of those gothic kids that embrace eachother outside the book centre on Saturdays.

bought a nice pair of pants there during the week

I'd paint a load of murals on the walls around the town

Hijpo wrote: »
    I'd paint a load of murals on the walls around the town

id wash them off

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    id wash them off

Boooo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Junkie drop-in clinic where they can shoot up in private and dispose their needles into a sealed bin. Their drugs can be tested before injecting. That would keep them, off the streets and out of sight.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Boooo

looked well on the news yesterday

LSD art workshop by the ghost of aldous Huxley at the the granary.I've always wanted one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'd like it if people had an opinion on Waterford's University status, really a discussion needs to start on this :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

A huge plastic blaa sculpture across the bridge to show visitors they're now entering Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

Lyle Lanley: Well, sir, there's nothing on earth like a genuine, bona fide, electrified, six-car Monorail! What'd I say?
    Flanders: Monorail!
    Lanley: What's it called?
    Patty & Selma: Monorail!
    Lanley: That's right! Monorail!
    [crowd chants 'Monorail']

Miss Hoover: I hear those things are awfully loud...
    Lanley: It glides as softly as a cloud
    Apu: Is there a chance the track could bend?
    Lanley: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.

Barney: What about us brain-dead slobs?
    Lanley: You'll be given cushy jobs
    Abe: Were you sent here by the devil?
    Lanley: No, good sir, I'm on the level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

I'd love better bus services. There are some lovely parts of the county within 30 minutes - 1 hour away from the city centre that I never see because I don't drive. Even one bus a day or week would be nice. There are some places I haven't seen in years because I don't want to hassle people for unnecessary lifts.

Also, more ducks.

The other day I was waiting one hour for Bus eireann 605 bus to the hospital.I was heading for Farran Park which is a 20 minute walk from town.The Bus system needs to be fixed.

A dolphin swimming in the Suir by the Quay every day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

That I live there

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shane07

That I live there

Leave so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Send the filth Clonmel exports here back home.:pac:

• Advertisement

The Bus system needs to be fixed.

im afraid that would compromise the austerity approach to running a country. we may have to report you to the germans for reprogramming!

Advertisement