Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Roof Cracks

Options
  • 17-08-2015 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

HELP Needed

I can anyone please share they knowledge and thoughts on the following
    I had a house build 7 years ago 2 story it was done by a registered contractor at the time before we moved in we did notice some cracks on the upper floor near the roof, but believed it was settling cracks, but as time has went by we have now noticed the plaster is starting to fall off on the cracks and has become far noticeable the cracks are practically straight around the outer walls on the upper floor inside about a block down from the ceiling anyways we have been advised that it is an issue with the roof it has not been tied correctly causing wait on the wall plate so by question is do I have a come back on this by the contractor if I take this further or am I ad a lose? Is he responsible to fix this ? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Jimmy333 wrote: »
    HELP Needed

I can anyone please share they knowledge and thoughts on the following
    I had a house build 7 years ago 2 story it was done by a registered contractor at the time before we moved in we did notice some cracks on the upper floor near the roof, but believed it was settling cracks, but as time has went by we have now noticed the plaster is starting to fall off on the cracks and has become far noticeable the cracks are practically straight around the outer walls on the upper floor inside about a block down from the ceiling anyways we have been advised that it is an issue with the roof it has not been tied correctly causing wait on the wall plate so by question is do I have a come back on this by the contractor if I take this further or am I ad a lose? Is he responsible to fix this ? Thanks in advance
    Please don't spam threads across multiple forums.

See discussion here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96641481

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement