Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

favorite bets.

• 17-08-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

Just for a bit of interest, what is your favorite bet or market to bet on ?
    What do you find profitable in the long term over the season?

I was having a few team to win and both teams to score bets last season and had a couple of good results so I will give them another go soon.

I will be keeping a record of all bets made this season so I can see how I am doing. I bought a business studies book 2, in easons for a few cents and it has all lined columns so its easy to keep track of bets in it :) . A bit old fashioned but it does the job. I am gagging for a football bet , but have not bet since last season ended, I will start again in September when things settle down a bit in the leagues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

Anybody ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Usually first half asain handicap,can be very profitable .Trying to find the game is the key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

As in usually would be staying away from premier league bundisliga,usually lower league games,women games can be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lamos, are you asking for entertainment factor, or money making factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Paddy used to have a market for total goal line in a group of games in a league, kicking off at a certain time. For example, total goals in all the 3pm kick offs in the PL. On a few occasions they had it over/under 6.5 or 8.5 with only one game on at the time. I went overboard when it was over/under 12.5 in La Liga with one game on and the market hasn't been open since. God, it was the easiest money I ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Laying goalscorers on betfair has been quite profitable for me. Some goalscorers are backed at stupidly short prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

Lamos, are you asking for entertainment factor, or money making factor?

A bit of both really. It's nice when your selections come in , but even better when you make a good return on your money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Entertainment factor, would be a decent AT goalscorer bet, as it'll last 90 minutes. I havn't been betting as much lately, but I always liked doing Double Chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

In general i like the ones that dont need the full 90 minutes to come in.
    Goal totals and such

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Asian goal lines over 1.0 if one goal is scored you can relax as you have money back and then hope for another for a win, lesser odds than just doing over 1.5 goals but nice to have the cushion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

I do over 1.5 goals a fair bit. Never considered Asian handicap, think I'll look at it now though, some poor selections lately, awful lot of 1-0's for me. Even last week's midweek cup games in England. Only 3 games with less than 2 goals I think, and I managed to find 2 of them😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Over 2.5 goals for me recently and first anytime scorers in the MLS..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

'shown a card' market on betfair is one of my favorites. you can get some great prices too - but theres no money up until about an hour before kickoff. very exciting when your player makes a late challenge!

Advertisement