Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

booking accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

chigenrgn wrote: »
    Wat time do ye think they will start emailing

I'm not sure but last year room booking opened at 6pm so anytime before that I suppose :p

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nerd95

chigenrgn wrote: »
    Wat time do ye think they will start emailing

Last year we were given a time so not sure what the story is this year. It was 4pm for us but I got the email at 3.56pm to be precise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

nerd95 wrote:
    Last year we were given a time so not sure what the story is this year. It was 4pm for us but I got the email at 3.56pm to be precise

How did ye know what the time was gonna be? Was it up on sisweb or something? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 R97smith

Well in the last 10 mins its moved 3 or 4 places, so does that not mean they already are emailing, and people are booking?

Fiona G wrote: »
    How did ye know what the time was gonna be? Was it up on sisweb or something? :)

To be honest, I can't really remember- I think it was on the UCD residences website or something like that. The system has completely changed this year as it is only first years and international students so maybe they don't have a time this year. I'll check for you now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭junospider

are any incoming first years unable to log into SIS web?

R97smith wrote: »
    Well in the last 10 mins its moved 3 or 4 places, so does that not mean they already are emailing, and people are booking?

Not sure- is there an option to remove yourself from the waiting list on sisweb because maybe some students did that! Don't try to remove yourself haha... just see if there is a button visible!!

nerd95 wrote: »
    Not sure- is there an option to remove yourself from the waiting list on sisweb because maybe some students did that! Don't try to remove yourself haha... just see if there is a button visible!!
    Yeah there is, dont worry, i have kept the mouse well away from that button lol

Yeah I'm down 11 places now too :P

Yeah there is, dont worry, i have kept the mouse well away from that button lol

That may be a possible reason then- Some students may decide not to accept an offer for a room and have removed themselves to give others a chance. It's the only explanation I can think of. Also, students with a physical disability are sometimes automatically registered to a room before all other students as they require specific disable friendly rooms.

• Advertisement

I just refreshed the page and went down another place xP

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fiachb7

My friend rang them and they said there's already 100 in. They're doing it on the hour every hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

Fiachb7 wrote:
    My friend rang them and they said there's already 100 in. They're doing it on the hour every hour.

Thanks so much that info is very helpful!

I've just looked at the UCD residences page for you guys and it says that this year they will be making offers according to your position on the waiting list so that is why there is no time. Basically, if you are at the very top of the list you will get your email before others.

awh no I'd say Merville will probably be gone by the time I get a chance to book :(

Fiachb7 wrote: »

Thank you for telling us :) Also, do you know if they email your personal email or UCD email when its your turn?

Fiona G wrote: »
    Thanks so much that info is very helpful!

No problem! One of my friends was no.20 before they culled the list and he most definitely has it already. He hasn't responded to any of our texts yet though, the shnake.

AlfaJack wrote: »
    Thank you for telling us :) Also, do you know if they email your personal email or UCD email when its your turn?

I have both open just in case! I got my waiting list number on my personal one. :)

awh no I'd say Merville will probably be gone by the time I get a chance to book :(

I'm just relieved I'll get belgrove at least!

I have both open just in case! I got my waiting list number on my personal one. :)

where do you check the ucd email?

• Advertisement

where do you check the ucd email?

Type UCD connect into google and click the first link called "Access IT Services UCD Connect launch page". Once you click on that you should see "mail" in the top right hand corner of the page. Click that and go to "student" and type in your details!!

nerd95 wrote: »
    Type UCD connect into google and click the first link called "Access IT Services UCD Connect launch page". Once you click on that you should see "mail" in the top right hand corner of the page. Click that and go to "student" and type in your details!!

when I try that it says my details are wrong? what do you write in for the UCD ID? and how many numbers are in it? And is your password your date of birth?

when I try that it says my details are wrong? what do you write in for the UCD ID? and how many numbers are in it?

It's the same number you used to accept your college place on the CAO website. The 8 digit one, not the 6 digit one we put on our exams. The password should be, for example, if your birthday is the 5th of August 1996: 050896

when I try that it says my details are wrong? what do you write in for the UCD ID? and how many numbers are in it?

Maybe your account hasn't been activated yet- the UCD ID is your student number (cao number) so it should be around 8 numbers long and begin with 15****** and your password is your DOB with no gaps or / for example 210692 (corresponding to 21st of June 1992)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 anonyy

Hi, looking for some help as I'm a lil clueless with regards all of this...so I'm currently number 1145 (hoping & praying I'll get in), I've got my sisweb activated but I don't have a clue how to set up my UCD email? Help would be much appreciated, please & thanks!

It's the same number you used to accept your college place on the CAO website. The 8 digit one, not the 6 digit one we put on our exams. The password should be, for example, if your birthday is the 5th of August 1996: 050896

That's what I've been doing but it's not working! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

\

I've tried that many many times but it still won't log me in??

like used my cao number as the ucd id and my birthdate in that format as the password

\

I've tried that many many times but it still won't log me in??

like used my cao number as the ucd id and my birthdate in that format as the password

probably hasn't been activated yet then- keep your personal account open too and check your spam folder because sometimes UCD emails that are sent to your personal account go straight into that folder. Just keep trying to login to ucdconnect account every couple of mins or so.

Did you get an email to your personal email telling you that your connect account was activated?

• Advertisement

You you get an email to your personal email telling you that your connect account was activated?

No- but you may get the email regarding the accommodation to that account too- it was sent to both of my accounts last year inviting me to book my room!!

Advertisement