Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

booking accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mravaya

AlfaJack wrote: »
    I'm finally in the 300s :P

Please let us know where you are when you get yr link

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

If it's any help, there are still spots in Glen, which usually means there's still rooms in Merville.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

b0gg3r wrote: »
    If it's any help, there are still spots in Glen, which usually means there's still rooms in Merville.

Thank you :) I'm going for either of those two anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 anonyy

Beyond stressed

Do you book your room on the same page that has your wait list number on it? I just want to be 100% sure :)

• Advertisement

Do you book your room on the same page that has your wait list number on it? I just want to be 100% sure :)

Yup at some stage when you refresh there'll be a button there saying 'book a room' & then lists of whats available!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ghjkl

Have the numbers slowed down a lot for anyone else? I was going down about 70 or 80 and hour around 3 o clock, now it's hardly lowering at all

ghjkl wrote: »
    Have the numbers slowed down a lot for anyone else? I was going down about 70 or 80 and hour around 3 o clock, now it's hardly lowering at all

same as :( ..losing hope!
    Will there be offers tomorrow?

ghjkl wrote: »

Same here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

b0gg3r wrote: »

I would have loved to be able to book Glenomena but just couldn't afford it. There could be big jumps in the morning when offers are out for 24 hrs. Best of luck anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

Blue giant wrote: »
    I would have loved to be able to book Glenomena but just couldn't afford it. There could be big jumps in the morning when offers are out for 24 hrs. Best of luck anyway

There definitely will be. Like, a lot.

Also, definitely Glen and Belgrove left.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 chigenrgn

Any1s no stopped movin ?? Im stuck at 300s .. are the offers stopped do ye think ?

chigenrgn wrote: »
    Any1s no stopped movin ?? Im stuck at 300s .. are the offers stopped do ye think ?

I'm still going down but just very slowly :P

Looks like I'm on 365 for the night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

Looks like I'm on 365 for the night :P

378 for me! Hopefully we'll be much lower in the morn.

Fiona G wrote: »
    378 for me! Hopefully we'll be much lower in the morn.

yeah fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mravaya

519 and starting to worry somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 4 P_Cul

Trying to make sense if this crazy system in the absence of any info from UCD.....
    Piecing yesterday together I reckon it was like this ( from following things on Boards and Twitter)
    At 11:00 UCD refreshed the list, removing everyone who didn't get a UCD course offer, this removed 54% of the list thereby halving everyone's place in the queue.
    So the key number was where you were on the list at that time yesterday.
    At 12 they started making offers by email ( personal email and UCD if you have one)
    Offers went out in batches of 100 on the hour. So someone who was at say 700 last week ended up at around 320 at 11 o'clock, and would have got the offer at 3 o'clock yesterday.
    Offers seemed to have stopped at 4pm, so in total 500 offers made yesterday. Of these 500 offers 350 have accepted ( or rejected) as of this morning (70%), so everyone in the queue is now 350 higher than they were at 11:00 yesterday morning.
    So for anyone around 800 in the queue at the moment it is looking ok if this logic holds true.
    Anyone higher on the list will depend on offers being rejected - so don't loose faith as 30+% of offers from yesterday have not been accepted yet.
    List is still only crawling down so it looks like they haven't started making offers this morning yet.
    We here were originally in the 1900+ place in the list, then dropped to the 800+ yesterday morning, now sitting in the 500+ group, so hoping for to be in the 4th batch of offers this morning.
    If anyone has a better logic feel free....

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭15MrC

P_Cul wrote: »
    Trying to make sense if this crazy system in the absence of any info from UCD.....
    Piecing yesterday together I reckon it was like this ( from following things on Boards and Twitter)
    At 11:00 UCD refreshed the list, removing everyone who didn't get a UCD course offer, this removed 54% of the list thereby halving everyone's place in the queue.
    At 12 they started making offers by email ( personal email and UCD if you have one)
    Offers went out in batches of 100 on the hour. So someone who was at say 700 last week ended up at around 320 at 11 o'clock, and would have got the offer at 3 o'clock yesterday.
    Offers seemed to have stopped at 4pm, so in total 500 offers made yesterday. Of these 500 offers 350 have accepted ( or rejected) as of this morning (70%), so everyone in the queue is now 350 higher than they were at 11:00 yesterday morning.
    So for anyone around 800 in the queue at the moment it is looking ok if this logic holds true.
    Anyone higher on the list will depend on offers being rejected - so don't loose faith as 30+% of offers from yesterday have not been accepted yet.
    List is still only crawling down so it looks like they haven't started making offers this morning yet.
    We here were originally in the 1900+ place in the list, then dropped to the 800+ yesterday morning, now sitting in the 500+ group, so hoping for to be in the 4th batch of offers this morning.

That's exactly how I interpreted it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ChristineBrown

Hi there I was just wondering how you knew 350 people had accepted offers?is there a way to check how many rooms are still left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 P_Cul

Our place in the Queue dropped by 350 places between 11:00 yesterday and this morning.

It has dropped a further 20+ places since 9am, so they must have issued out another batch at that time.

Our place in the Queue dropped by 350 places between 11:00 yesterday and this morning.

It has dropped a further 20+ places since 9am, so they must have issued out another batch at that time.

Same here it's been flying on down since 9 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ChristineBrown

Oh right thanks :) I'm now 791 so fingers crossed

In the 200s now! I hope I get an offer at 10 xP

• Registered Users Posts: 13 R97smith

same here man! 286 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭15MrC

I'm at 417, let us know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I was at 230 at 15:55 yesterday and got my offer at 16:00.

I just went for 299 to 300! xD

didn't get anything this time.. fingers crossed for 11am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 R97smith

Just got it there, I was 285. So happy now, good luck everyone!
    (original-1482, yesterday morning-692 or something like that)

Advertisement