Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics and Finance

Options
  • 17-08-2015 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi I've been offered economics and finance in DIT and I was just wondering does anyone have any experience with this course or anything about it in general? Also how would it fair up against economics and finance in UCD? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maysa35

DiarmAFC wrote: »
    Hi I've been offered economics and finance in DIT and I was just wondering does anyone have any experience with this course or anything about it in general? Also how would it fair up against economics and finance in UCD? Thank you

Well, I'm hoping you can tell me a little bit about it since seemingly nobody takes part in discussions involving this course!

I'd like to know a little bit about the timetable, are they mostly morning lectures? and what time would the latest lecture start at?

If you can share your experience that would be lovely, also how is the group like? mostly girls or boys or is it fifty fifty ??

Thank you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Precisestriker

Hi, I am a student in Ecomonics and finance in 2nd year. There are around 17 hours of class time during the week in first year (well for me anyway), lectures are in the morning and in the afternoon, sometimes there is a large break between classes like a few hours break. Lectures start between 9-11 typically. It is mainly boys in the course with a few girls. Some lecturers are really good, others are not so great. First year isn't that difficult if you put your mind too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maysa35

Hi, I am a student in Ecomonics and finance in 2nd year. There are around 17 hours of class time during the week in first year (well for me anyway), lectures are in the morning and in the afternoon, sometimes there is a large break between classes like a few hours break. Lectures start between 9-11 typically. It is mainly boys in the course with a few girls. Some lecturers are really good, others are not so great. First year isn't that difficult if you put your mind too it.

Thank you so much, I'm waiting for an email from DIT at the moment. It's nice to finally hear someone doing the course say something !!! It was almost mission impossible.

Anyways, are there a lot of presentations & projects? & is it a discussion based environment?

Thanks again

Advertisement