Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I be able to transfer courses in Maynooth?

• 17-08-2015 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

If I have the required points and matriculation requirements, would I be able to transfer from one course to another? Courses in question are Music Technology and Arts, I want to transfer from MT to Arts. Does Maynooth University allow this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

MuchZeus wrote: »
    If I have the required points and matriculation requirements, would I be able to transfer from one course to another? Courses in question are Music Technology and Arts, I want to transfer from MT to Arts. Does Maynooth University allow this?

Yeah. You application to the CAO was basically applying for a college ans the course as such. Just tell them you want to switch and if they dont allow you, then tell them you want to leave the college. They will let you switch as they won't want to loss your place funding from the government

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Yeah. You application to the CAO was basically applying for a college ans the course as such. Just tell them you want to switch and if they dont allow you, then tell them you want to leave the college. They will let you switch as they won't want to loss your place funding from the government

I wouldn't just tell a poster that they can definitely switch. It's entirely up to the college in question

OP there is no way of doing it through the CAO. You can accept the music technology course in maynooth. You can then ask them for an internal move. They are under no obligation to facilitate this, particularly if the course is full or you didn't have the points for the other course. It's a risk you have to consider because If you reject the place they can probably fill it in the next round anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I wouldn't just tell a poster that they can definitely switch. It's entirely up to the college in question

OP there is no way of doing it through the CAO. You can accept the music technology course in maynooth. You can then ask them for an internal move. They are under no obligation to facilitate this, particularly if the course is full or you didn't have the points for the other course. It's a risk you have to consider because If you reject the place they can probably fill it in the next round anyway.

They will highly likely do it, unless its course with limited places eg Dentistry. I knew someone was one of the people who allowed people to switch courses in NUIM and she said it was no issue ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

newacc2015 wrote: »
    They will highly likely do it, unless its course with limited places eg Dentistry. I knew someone was one of the people who allowed people to switch courses in NUIM and she said it was no issue ever.

They might, but the OP can't be sure of that until they are actually registered with the college and seek transfer. So saying it'll be grand isn't good enough.

Advertisement