Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golden Horn v Gleneagles

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Lol. Anyone on that? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Its all gone quiet in york

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Frankie will be ducking the cameras now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Can't get my head around that result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Delight that De Souza finally got himself a winner in a group 1 - really caps off an amazing season for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Same distance between golden horn and Grey gatsby today as there was at Sandown as well which makes result even more baffling

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Same distance between golden horn and Grey gatsby today as there was at Sandown as well which makes result even more baffling

Yeah, take out Arabian Queen and the race is as expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This is why I love horse racing :pac:

That filly is hard as nails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Delight that De Souza finally got himself a winner in a group 1 - really caps off an amazing season for him.

Chapman on ATR was only having a dig the other week at SDS not having a group one to his name. Love to see his face now. :rolleyes:

Delighted for De Sousa, one of the most honest jockeys around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Frankie was interviewed about 20 Mins before race and said ground won't be a problem for golden horn now saying this haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Mgoraf wrote: »

Drugs?? Haha! I'd say Coolmore are only delighted with that.

Gosden will have to run him again now to repair that damage. Irish Champion Stakes or straight to the Arc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Is it cash back second at York in shop with pp or online only? Cheers

Is it cash back second at York in shop with pp or online only? Cheers

Online only I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stefjoyce

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Who wins Wednesday lads.

Fancy Gleneagles myself, think he will relish the step up to 10 furlongs and Golden Horn looks more like a 12f horse to me, took him an age to hit top gear in the Eclipse. Gleneagles will have him dead and buried a furlong out I reckon.

Shame on O'BRIEN FOR NOT RUNNING HIM.
    Fir play to Jeff Smith!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Legatissimo must be some machine! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Drugs?? Haha! I'd say Coolmore are only delighted with that.

Gosden will have to run him again now to repair that damage. Irish Champion Stakes or straight to the Arc?
    The form is off. 99 rated Dick Doughtywylie finished only 6l behind the winner and Golden Horn. That'd make Golden Horn's run 109 and the fillies 108 ( taking the 3lb sex allowance back ).

She went into the race with an official rating of 109. TGG has run fairly crap on soft ground in the past and the 7yo pacemaker Dick Doughtywylie couldn't have improved 21lb today. :)

And yep, drugs ain't out of the question with the trainer. Remember Cavvie's Clown all those years ago failing a drug test when Elsworth had turned him into a world beater. Arabian Queen didn't need to be on drugs to win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stefjoyce

gazza1 wrote: »
    I have to apologise. I was told by a friend of mine. ive checked everywhere and it looks like a load of crap. It wasnt my intention to start anything falsely and im sorry for doing so.

The info was CORRECT.
    I believe once O'Brien thought there might be rain,The horse would not run.
    I hope he runs,and loses,on perfect ground,next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Chapman on ATR was only having a dig the other week at SDS not having a group one to his name. Love to see his face now. :rolleyes:

Delighted for De Sousa, one of the most honest jockeys around.

Great jockey getting the credit he deserves this season. He did win the Dubai World Cup, a 10mln race and Grp 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Plenty of shocks in Group races in 2015

Park Express Stakes ............. Ramone ... 100/1
    Gladness Stakes .................. Flight Risk ... 50/1
    Athasi Stakes ..................... Iveagh Gardens ... 25/1
    Duke Of York Stakes ............ Glass Office ... 40/1
    English Oaks ....................... Qualify ... 50/1
    King's Stand Stakes ............. Goldream ... 20/1
    Windsor Forest Stakes ......... Amazing Maria ... 25/1
    Princess Of Wales's Stakes .... Big Orange ... 25/1
    Oak Tree Stakes ................. Amy Eria ... 33/1
    English International Stakes ... Arabian Queen ... 50/1

• Advertisement

Just off the phone to Aidan and he says as long as it never rains again, anywhere, then Gleneagles should run soon. "There's a one mile drag race in Tokyo which could be suitable hopefully, ground permitting. He'd be racing against cars but he's got loads of pace, the lads are very sporting, so listen, we'd be hopeful now".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭minibear

Lol. Anyone on that? :pac:

Only in my (very small) daily SDS bet, so today's lucky31 had three losers, one non runner and the 66/1 win (with 15% Rule 4).

I'm absolutely thrilled for him, just sorry I hadn't more on.

But there's always tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Golden Horn has been declared for the Irish Champions Stakes (ground permitting).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Golden Horn has been declared for the Irish Champions Stakes (ground permitting).

Good stuff. I'd say the Coolmore boys would have liked to see him stay away. What happens if Golden Horn beats Gleneagles now!? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Good stuff. I'd say the Coolmore boys would have liked to see him stay away. What happens if Golden Horn beats Gleneagles now!? :eek:

What happens if Free Eagle beats them both?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭rule supreme

I hope its not soft that weekend or we will get none of them running .

kfallon wrote: »
    What happens if Free Eagle beats them both?

Or CDA? Frankel form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

At the races had footage of a few of O'Brien's horses doing some racecourse work. Gleneagles seemed to really enjoy the soft ground, electric change of pace seemed to be unaffected by it. Would have surely won the race had they taken the chance going on that evidence at least.

Off topic: Fluff looks pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Just off the phone to Aidan and he says as long as it never rains again, anywhere, then Gleneagles should run soon. "There's a one mile drag race in Tokyo which could be suitable hopefully, ground permitting. He'd be racing against cars but he's got loads of pace, the lads are very sporting, so listen, we'd be hopeful now".

"Look, the boys make the decisions on that."

Advertisement