Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PURE TELECOM

Options
  • 17-08-2015 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Hope someone can help I'm.paying €20 a month for 20MB with meteor pure telecom are offering me 35e a month unlimited with 70mb woukd I be better to go with pure teleom.
    I don't know much about broadband thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

bewhiched wrote: »
    Hi
    Hope someone can help I'm.paying €20 a month for 20MB with meteor pure telecom are offering me 35e a month unlimited with 70mb woukd I be better to go with pure teleom.
    I don't know much about broadband thanks

Depends on your needs. Are you happy with your current service? No need to pay extra for something you won't utilize.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

mordeith wrote: »
    Depends on your needs. Are you happy with your current service? No need to pay extra for something you won't utilize.

Yeah guess your right but I got a massive bill from meteor for 140 unknown to me I went over my usage and I've sky might get in one of them boxes everyone seems to love thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Does the 30 Euros include line rental?
    (Their site mentions 25.50 line rental charge)
    What exactly are you paying Meteor for?Is it 20 gigabytes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

vandriver wrote: »
    Does the 30 Euros include line rental?
    (Their site mentions 25.50 line rental charge)
    What exactly are you paying Meteor for?Is it 20 gigabytes ?

Yes it is and regarding the line rental their saying I don't need a phone line it's FIBER OPTIC thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

bewhiched wrote: »
    Yes it is and regarding the line rental their saying I don't need a phone line it's FIBER OPTIC thanks
    Get the offer in writing.
    Confirm about line rental.
    Confirm speed.(In mbps)
    Confirm fair use policy if unlimited.(fup)
    Confirm what happens if you break the fup.
    Confirm contract length.

If all the questions above are answered satisfactorily,then 70 mbps,unlimited use broadband for 35 euro would probably be a better bet for anyone but a very light user because(as you have found out) the mobile broadband companies crucify you if you go over your (very low) limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its phone line based, they just dont give you phone service.

VDSL prequalling for 70Mb may only operate at 60Mb. And the contract will usually only guarantee 60% of advertised speed or something along those lines.

Advertisement