Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I have 2 bank accounts?

• 17-08-2015 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

I would like to open a second bank account. Just a simple deposit account with a visa debit account. Do I just drop into a bank to do this or am I only allowed one bank account in Ireland? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

If you have the money you can have as many as you want. If you have a mortgage a good idea to have your savings in another bank. Separate from your mortgage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

skippy2 wrote: »
    If you have the money you can have as many as you want. If you have a mortgage a good idea to have your savings in another bank. Separate from your mortgage

Thanks for that skippy, exactly why I want one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Yup even as a brand new immigrant I had an account in each of two different banks, because I wanted to restrict the automatic debiting stuff to one of the accounts. Fewer "surprises" that way. But more bank fees.

Advertisement