Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Underwear sets

• 17-08-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭

So im looking to upgrade the underwear drawer, preferably with matching sets

Is there anywhere that sell nice sets, but wont break the bank? Excluding Penneys, where else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Marks and Spencers ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I wish underwear sets had 3 knickers to each bra. After all, nobody (hardly anyone :) )changes their bra daily, but everyone (almost) changes their knickers daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mel123

I wish underwear sets had 3 knickers to each bra. After all, nobody (hardly anyone :) )changes their bra daily, but everyone (almost) changes their knickers daily.

Oh my god this is genius I think you could be on to something here 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

H&m have a few nice bits.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Change do some nice underwear, it's pricey though, but they have regular sales and buy one get one free offers on sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

mel123 wrote: »
    Oh my god this is genius I think you could be on to something here 😀

Ehm like buying two extra pairs of knickers? I have yet to see a set that is sold only as a set and I usually buy two or three matching bottoms per bra.

I got some stuff from Mango the other day and it was ok. I don't know how easy it is for you to get a good fitting bra but Figleaves might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KMoon09

New Look have very nice sets at a reasonable price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I should have added both myself and my OHs daughter are outside of the magic limit in that we are both over dd cupwise.

So for both of us change is ideal.

They'd a two for one offer last weekend, and I got two very good quality sets of underwear for 59 euro, which is M and S prices.

Difference is I don't have any M and S underwear that I bought three years ago I still have change stuff, the quality is unreal.

If you are dd or below, it may not be worth spending on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Stheno wrote: »

If you are dd or below, it may not be worth spending on.
    I think it is. I am B or C and buy cheaper underwear when I am fluctuating in size (weight, pregnancy) and especially stuff I bought in Dunnes really doesn't last more than few months, while I have good quality bras that last for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I tend to just go for the good stuff. Panache, Cleo, Freya etc and get them during the Debenhams or Bravissimo sales. I'm a slightly odd size (normally a 30FF/G) so there's generally a few good deals early in the sale.

I've also found some surprising bargains in TK Maxx (Panache Andorra for £7.99 etc) even though they are bastards for making 30 bands really hard to find on the rails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

Same here. 30 f. Must check out that change brand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Brastop.com is very good for D-K cups. They regularly have sales with bras from 15 stg and matching thong/shorts 7stg.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Hard to beat M&S, now la senza is gone, I find their underwear wash really well compared to other brands.

Have got New Look bras before, wouldn't recommend I find they wash terribly, and they top of the cup always folds over for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I go into the shops and try on a few styles...then come home and buy them for a third of the price on Ebay. I'm an awkward ish size too, 32 ff, so they tend to be one of the last sizes to sell out. Once I have a bra I really like, I go to Penneys and buy a few different knickers that are the same colour. I spend a fortune on bras because if I don't I end up fiddling all day. My boobs have a life of their own and like to go walkies if they're not strapped down!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 loulou87

I like new look ones.. especially when they're on sale :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Have got New Look bras before, wouldn't recommend I find they wash terribly, and the top of the cup always folds over for some reason!

Agreed. I actually posted about that here before, it drives me mad. Had to stop buying New Look bras because of it. I always wash them really carefully and re-shape while they're still wet, and it happens regardless.

Advertisement