Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMS Issue - Meteor to Tesco Mobile

Options
  • 17-08-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Anyone one Tesco unable to receive MMS from Meteor? Or even anyone on Meteor unable to send MMS to Tesco?

My father is on Tesco and is unable to receive picture messages from myself, my sister or brother. We're all on Meteor.

He's been on to Tesco extensively, has updated MMS settings I don't know how may times and even changed both handset and SIM card. The problem is the same. It was escalated on to Tesco tech support but they have come back 4 days later to say that it's Meteors fault.

Here's what I know. He can send MMS to all networks. He can receive MMS from all networks except Meteor.

I can send and receive MMS to everyone except him although I don't know anyone else on Tecso to try so can't say for sure.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Was he ever on a different network?

It sounds like a routing error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Yea he's had that number for donkeys years but has been with Tesco for at least 2 years no if not 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

That's a routing error so. I would contact Tesco Mobile and outline the issue, and get the person on Meteor to contact their customer care team to explain.
    Issues like this happen now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Yea I think you're correct. There was an issue with his port originally, it rejected as he was ported over prepay instead of bill pay. I spoke to him again and he said if he puts another Tesco SIM into his phone he's able to send and receive MMS no probs.

Am convinced the port ****ed up now and have said all of the above to Tesco. They have logged it again with tech but as the port was two years ago I'm not convinced anything will come out of it.

Advertisement