Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two professionals struggling to find a home - Tullamore, Portlaoise, nearby area

Options
  • 17-08-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Two professionals looking for other professionals to share a house with. Very little on daft etc and the houses that are are very hard to secure. Or even if any is aware of anyone with a house share not advertised yet.

Both in our mid twenties. Considering Tullamore, Portlaoise or surrounding areas. Also can't seem to find a page on Facebook that might help but again I might be missing it so any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Surely if you're professionals then you can afford a place just between the two of you in Tullamore/Portlaoise? How much can rent possibly be?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ollygolf

Surely if you're professionals then you can afford a place just between the two of you in Tullamore/Portlaoise? How much can rent possibly be?

Fair suggestion but we've been put in touch through friends and because were both new to the area and each other we were hoping to share with other people and settle in that. Also there are very little two beds available and again it's extremely hard to secure a rented place. It's a landlords market at the minute unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

There's 17 properties to rent in Tullamore on daft today. 2 beds from €700, 4 beds from €800 so you could get others in to share with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What's your budget? 4 beds going for 800 seems cheap to me.

Just rent a two bed or a three bed between the two of you (if ye can afford to). Never got this wanting to share with extra people lark just because you are new to an area. The less people you live with the better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

€600 a month; http://www.daft.ie/21580520

You say "two professionals". Do you both work full time in a stable job? If so, use your work reference. I say this, as I'm guessing your lack of a reference is what is stopping ye?

Advertisement