Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastercard Migration

Options
  • 17-08-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Will current credit limits, APR%'s and any other current T&Cs change when the switch from Visa to Master actions? 

Will current Visa cardholders be offered various tiers of Mastercard to switch to or will we have no say in the matter (if there are to be various tiers of cardholders)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Redderneck, 

Thank you for your post. 

We are looking into your query at the moment and will respond to you here as soon as we have an update. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Redderneck, 

As customers are being migrated to a 'like for like MasterCard product, we can confirm that all credit card limits, APR's and Terms and Conditions will remain the same when your account is migrated to MasterCard. If you would like to discuss other credit card products please feel free to call our representatives on 1890 365 100.

We hope this helps clarify your query. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Fair enough.  Thanks Elaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Why has this change been made? Obviously not for the convenience of customers. Nothing BofI does these days is in the interest of its customers (another example: no bank draughts for less than €500).

I couldn't tell you how many subscription services and retailers have my Visa card information. Now I'm going to receive all sorts of "renewal payment failed" notifications and have to fill in the new numbers everywhere.

I'm going to protest in the only way that you'll have any chance of understanding: by finding a new credit card provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Why has this change been made? Obviously not for the convenience of customers. Nothing BofI does these days is in the interest of its customers (another example: no bank draughts for less than €500).

I couldn't tell you how many subscription services and retailers have my Visa card information. Now I'm going to receive all sorts of "renewal payment failed" notifications and have to fill in the new numbers everywhere.

I'm going to protest in the only way that you'll have any chance of understanding: by finding a new credit card provider.
    Hi Sam,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear you feel this way.

We are migrating to Mastercard in order to offer enhanced features to our Credit Card customers including installment plans and the option of contactless payments. You can find further details on our Mastercard Migration here

If you are unsure of companies that have your card details on file with you can call Credit card service on 0818251251 & a representative will be happy to go through your account statements.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

• Advertisement
Advertisement