If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BenQ Projector + Surround Sound

Options
  • 17-08-2015 2:51pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi There, Currently getting my attic converted and want to get a Projector and surround sound in when its done.  at the minute im planing on putting all the speaker cable in during the build as well as a double HDMI wall socket where the "unit" will be at the end of the room and another where the projector will be setup.  I have a couple of questions on some of the items on your website if thats ok.

The BenQ W1070+ Projector on your site. 

Ive been reading up on it and it mentions "Side Projection with Horizontal Keystone Correction"

Image attached below - 1.jpg

From what ive seen online, that means that i dont have to mount it on the ceiling, i can have it at the side of the room on a unit for example and the projector can adjust the image its displaying on the wall.  Is the model linked above the one with that feature? (This will determine where i put my second HDMIx2 Wall socket)

Also ive been looking at this Yamaha 5.1 system , it has 4 HDMI Inputs and 1 HDMI Output
    Am i right in saying that i can plug in the projector to the 1 HDMI Output, then whatever i plug into the 4 HDMI Inputs, xbox, pc, bluray etc will then display through the projector?

Im pretty new to looking at this stuff

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Optimus,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you..

OK - yes with keystone correction you will be able to have the projector to one side of the room, BUT, if you can at all avoid it I really would try to avoid this as you will have spotted that vital word ' correction' !!!! you are far, far better off if at all possible to site the PJ at the optimum position which is directly in front of the screen - honestly whilst you can meet some 'resistance' to a central location, once you see the PJ on the ceiling a couple of times you really don't notice them anymore - and to be fair the 1070 is a really compact projector. ( Some people also site the PJ at a lower level built into a coffee table in front of the screen...)

On the AV receiver - yep any decent HDMI receiver with multiple HDMI inputs will route the HDMI signals from multiple devices to the PJ and allow you to switch between them - this minimises the amount of cables you need to run to the PJ location. Just as a word of warning you should allow for really decent quality HDMi interconnects between the AV Receiver and the PJ, especially if the HDMI has to be a long run as we frequently see 'handshake' issues and 99% of them are caused by poor quality HDMI cables.

Thanks again and if you need any assistance configuring your system in terms of screen size, location, brackets, screen etc, just drop us a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie and we will do our best to assist,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Hi,

Thanks for the reply John, a lot to think about regarding the position of the projector.  I dont think id really like it on a coffee table in the middle so might plan to have it on the ceiling, get the bracket installed during the attic conversion.  Im just worried i wont get it in the right spot and it will be too late when the attic is finished!  Sure ill talk to the attic guys and see what they say.

Thanks again

Optimus,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you..

OK - yes with keystone correction you will be able to have the projector to one side of the room, BUT, if you can at all avoid it I really would try to avoid this as you will have spotted that vital word ' correction' !!!! you are far, far better off if at all possible to site the PJ at the optimum position which is directly in front of the screen - honestly whilst you can meet some 'resistance' to a central location, once you see the PJ on the ceiling a couple of times you really don't notice them anymore - and to be fair the 1070 is a really compact projector. ( Some people also site the PJ at a lower level built into a coffee table in front of the screen...)

On the AV receiver - yep any decent HDMI receiver with multiple HDMI inputs will route the HDMI signals from multiple devices to the PJ and allow you to switch between them - this minimises the amount of cables you need to run to the PJ location. Just as a word of warning you should allow for really decent quality HDMi interconnects between the AV Receiver and the PJ, especially if the HDMI has to be a long run as we frequently see 'handshake' issues and 99% of them are caused by poor quality HDMI cables.

Thanks again and if you need any assistance configuring your system in terms of screen size, location, brackets, screen etc, just drop us a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie and we will do our best to assist,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

Optimus,

apologies for the delay - if you already have the room dimensions and you know what projector and screen size you want we can give you a rally accurate guide to the placement of your cables and bracket so you can get all the messy work done during the building phase.

You will need the available distance from the screen for the projector, the size of the wall ( width / height) and your desired screen size - if you have these details we will give you the ideal positioning ( and the range you can use as well if the optimal position isn't suitable)...

Keep us posted,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi,

Do you guys sell speaker cable for a surround sound system, im planning on buying the BenQw1070+ and this Yamaha 5.1 and am currently planning an attic conversion to house them, i want to get the speaker cable now for that Yamaha setup so i can get it pre-wired during the conversion.  Can you recommend the cable i need?

Thanks a lot

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

Do you guys sell speaker cable for a surround sound system, im planning on buying the BenQw1070+ and this Yamaha 5.1 and am currently planning an attic conversion to house them, i want to get the speaker cable now for that Yamaha setup so i can get it pre-wired during the conversion.  Can you recommend the cable i need?

Thanks a lot
    Hi Optimus.

We do indeed sell speaker cable by the meter.

It start at the Symphony 100 priced at 1.29 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-900187-symphony-100.aspx

And goes upwards.

Here is a link to the range of speaker cable we stock:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/c-54-SpeakerCables.aspx

For the Yamaha system the Symphony 100 or 200 would do.

You you also require a sublink cable for connecting the sub to the amp.
    We stock a 7.5m one the Cambridge 100 priced at 27.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-10538-aud100-75m-sub-cable.aspx

The Benq projector really is a cracking machine and a very good choice!

Any questions let me know.

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot, stupid question but is there a colour on one side so you know which is + and - ?

Ill grab that other cable when im buying the projector and yamaha system. thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot, stupid question but is there a colour on one side so you know which is + and - ?

Ill grab that other cable when im buying the projector and yamaha system. thanks a lot.
    OP,

not a stupir question at all - most of the speaker cables we sell have a '+' about every 50cms to indicate the positive side - some will also have a ridge on the outer casing and a few of the more expensive ones ( like AudioQuest) have a separate coloured shielding for pos / neg..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can ever assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.