Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to buy last-minute dollars!

Options
  • 17-08-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

A close friend is heading off on Wednesday morning, and I want to give her a few bob to bring with her. Is there anywhere with a decent enough exchange rate that I can get dollars from without having to order in advance?

Going by the An Post website you can only get canadian dollars loaded onto a money card, and I can't figure out if AIB would have dollars without having to order? Only about €100/ $150.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just go into your bank, Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

What I'm wondering tho if banks would carry small amounts of Canadian dollars, or if I would have to order?

Don't really want to go down to the bank and queue for half an hour, only to be told I won't be able to pick up the cash for 5-10 days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'd imagine larger bank branches would have CAD on hand. It's a fairly mainstream currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I actually ended up going into the Foreign Exchange office in the tourist office beside the GPO, they had quite good rates and it was so handy, no queue at all and they open late.

Thanks for the advice anyway!

Advertisement